Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all. Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is building on over a hundred-year legacy of Heartland Alliance International (HAI); the global arm of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years to provide high quality and stigma-free services for all using a tailored human rights-based approach.
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 2 – 3 years
- Location: Bayelsa , Edo , Lagos
- Job Field: Medical / Healthcare , NGO/Non-Profit
We seek applications from qualified persons for the consultancy below:
- Employment Type: Short Term Hire
- Persons Required: Bayelsa (1), Edo (1), Lagos (2)
- Contract Duration: Three Months with a possible extension
The Radiographer will perform radiological duties in compliance with international standards using a mobile digital x-ray. S/he will also perform selected administrative, and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of quality radiography for the purposes of screening clients and diagnosing of TB in a mobile environment as part of accelerating the control of HIV epidemic. S/he will support the implementation of Artificial intelligence in imaging.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes quality diagnostic radiographs of clients according to established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Accurately documents and completes radiological procedures, completely and promptly.
- Stores all radiographs in an easily retrievable manner.
- Participate actively in all community HIV testing.
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains mobile x-ray unit, stock necessary radiological supplies.
- Serves as the Radiation safety officer.
- Keep records of the dosimetry readings.
- Participates in facility and community engagement and mobilization for screening all PLHIV.
- Conducts screening of all New PLHIVs to identify presumptives and for TB diagnosis.
- Will ensure sputum collection from identified presumptive and facilitate transportation of samples to GeneXpert sites.
- Prepares client for radiological procedures.
- Submission of daily, weekly, and monthly High frequency report.
- Work closely with other team members for the purpose of prompt diagnosis and linkage to treatment sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the State program Manager and the Program Officer TBHIV
- Perform other additional duties assigned in keeping with the ACE-6 program performance.
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Medical radiology or an X-ray technologist.
- A current X-Ray Technology certificate or license to practice from Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria (RRBN) with years of relevant professional experience, with an emphasis on Chest radiology and screening.
- Proven experience in coaching, conducting training, and preparing guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skill in data management and analysis, report writing and presentation.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs, or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheets, Word or comparable software and basic knowledge in accounting software especially QuickBooks is desired.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Consultants should submit a detailed resume to email@example.com