WOCHAD is a non-for-profit making community based organization working in Benue and Ebonyi States. The Organization which was registered with Cooperate Affairs Commission in 2007 is also registered with Federal, Benue and Ebonyi States Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development. WOCHAD works directly with rural poor marginalized and disadvantaged Orphans, Disabled, The aged, Women especially young-mothers, widows, displaced person, the illiterate and young children in communities aimed at improving rural community livelihoods through implementing development oriented programs including water, sanitation & Hygiene, improving sustainable agriculture, family economic employment, maternal health, child/orphan supports/education & scholarship, primary health care, sexuality and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS &TB, income generating activities, youth skilling programs, vocational training to enable employment creation, sustainable energy, human rights advocacy, food security, gender equality advocacy, young teen mother supports and institutional strengthening and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Employment Type: Full-time
- The GBV Project Manager will participate in the design, planning of project and oversee all approved project by ensuring quality implementations of projects.
- He/she will lead in developing work plans, including supervising staff, budget management and managing the component Women protection initiatives.
- The Project Manager will also be responsible for engaging with relevant stakeholders and local authorities, and in providing capacity-building trainings tostaff and volunteers to build their capacity in program related areas to increase quality in service delivery.
- The Project Manager will represent WOCHAD in coordination meeting, advocacy, networking and representation.
Duties and Responsibility
- Planning and Implementation of GBV Activities in all project locations
- Coordinate project team, plan activities, including the development of annual, semi-annual and quarterly work plans and GBV reports.
- Oversee implementation of assigned GBV project guided by the approved project documents. This will entail developing and updating detailed implementation plans, work plans and procurement plans and ensuring strict adherence to such plans.
- Provide leadership and direct oversight of all field level project interventions, ensuring quality and adherence to national and international protection standards, guidelines and policies
- Ensure that the design and implementation of all GBV/protection activities in assigned project locations address the priority protection needs of the internally displaced persons, host communities and other affected person.
- Provide technical input in developing project proposals, concept notes & sector publications at the sector level
- Participate in the development of LGA level referral pathways
- Ensure quality case management and support is provided to survivors of Gender based violence
- Work closely with the Program Manager to inform program design and strategic direction
- Participate actively in coordination and ensure multisector implementation with GBV.
Staff Management & Capacity Development
- Develop and facilitate training and workshops for the project staff and other stakeholders that promote improved understanding of GBV and ensure the observance of international protection and humanitarian law standards.
- Directly supervise and manage staff including GBV Officer, Assistants, and immediate replacement in case of transitions
- Support capacity building for all project staff on technical areas including GBV, Psychosocial support and relevant principles and standards in GBV implementation.
- Lead performance management for all project staff by jointly setting performance objectives, reviewing performance progress and providing regular objective feedback to staff on their development.
- Represent FRAD in all GBV coordination forums by working closely with partners and State Ministry of Women Affairs and other response sectors in designing responsive actions on GBV
- Attend coordination and networking meetings with relevant partners, community leaders, support groups and other stakeholders on GBV activities.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree qualification
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience on GBV.
- Must have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
- You are required to be knowledgeable in managing databases, producing reports and good with figures
- You must be committed to the ethics and code of conduct and familiar with the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- You must understand data protection and the need for confidentiality. You must have strong written and oral communication skills; the ability to explain and visualize complex issues to expert and non-expert audiences; and excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to network, build relationships and establish collaboration with different partners, local agencies and international networks.
- A demonstrated strong personal commitment to the goal of women’s empowerment and gender equality.
- Applicant in medical discipline or community health background will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Cover letter and CV) to: email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WOCHAD Initiative is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ethical recruitment, please note that we don’t collect money or participate in any fraudulent activities you can report such email@example.com