The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) is a non-profit firm established in December 2013. The organization was established to improve the quality of decision-making and execution in the health sector.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit , Project Management
- We are looking for a project management professional with a wide range of experience in supporting evidence generation, knowledge management, capacity development, and collaborative learning processes that create better spaces for private sector associations to reflect on and learn from each other’s experiences and best practices.
The Project Manager will have:
- A graduate degree in the field of business, management, financial management, or a related field, or sufficient comparable experience in building capacity, as well as strategic and financial planning.
- At least 8 years of experience and demonstrated capacity to design performance management plans and participatory data collection methods and protocols.
- At least 8 years of experience of professional interaction with private organizations and the ability to provide consulting services, mentorship, and coaching to analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Experience managing complex stakeholder relationships, especially within the private sector.
- A demonstrated expertise in research, learning, and applied analysis background employing diverse methods of knowledge production, knowledge management, and knowledge dissemination, including data analysis, data visualization, data storytelling, gap mapping, use and maintenance of knowledge management software, etc.
- Strong background in project management, organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to ensure adequate liaison with the USAID Mission
- Technical expertise in knowledge management and learning; understanding of USAID Capacity Development 2.0.
- Prior experience in a high-paced environment with strong multicultural, interpersonal, and supervision skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and implementing effective, long-term solutions which have led to organizational growth.
- Strong communications skills to enable working across geographic and language barriers to ensure learning is communicated and can be adapted within private associations to support changes in the implementation of prioritized activities.
- Experience managing multi-country teams.
- Experience working in or working with private sector associations.
- Written and oral fluency in English with the ability to write clear and compelling narratives in English Language.
- Fluency in French and/or local dialects will be an asset.
- Support data collection support research and evidence generation on how best to improve, membership, services, communications, and fundraising, and financial viability of private associations in associations in three West African countries. Data collection methods may include surveys, key informant interviews, and other participatory methods.
- Map how selected private associations execute specific functions (i.e., communicate information, identify new/upcoming trends in the industry, share best practices, iterate in the face of external factors, etc.)
- Develop Learning agendas and set up a learning network to enhance learning between private sector associations.
- Developing a Curriculum and customized trainings to support financial sustainability and membership retention of private sector associations.
- Organize and facilitate exchanges and learning among private associations on how best to improve membership, services, communications, and fundraising, and financial viability.
- Develop knowledge products and reports including audiovisuals based on learning gaps/identified needs of private sector associations.
- Organize quarterly meetings and annual convenings to disseminate learnings and evidence and facilitate linkages to enhance collaboration and learning between private sector associations.
- Provide advisory/mentoring & coaching services on association management and governance for sustainability via learning labs.
- Design and implement performance management and monitoring plans to evaluate and report on progress with selected private sector associations.
- Carry out any other responsibilities that may be assigned.