Public and Private Development Centre (PPDC) is a non-governmental organization created to increase citizens’ participation in governance processes in a way that improves the integrity of public and private sector processes.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification OND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Driving
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by driving office project vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other related goods and supplies in/out of Abuja under the authorization of the supervisor.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Collect mail from the Post Office and deliver outgoing mail to various destinations within the city.
- Demonstrates commitment to PPDC’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Displays culture, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Sharing knowledge and experience.
- Provide helpful feedback and advice to others in the office.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of protocol
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of security issues.
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focus on results for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive construction attitude.
- Remains calm, in control and good-humored even under pressure.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a minimum of OND Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s license of at least 3 classes.
- Must have a certificate in defensive Driving and other training
- A certificate in Mechanics is an added advantage
- Computer literacy is very important
- Proficiency in the use of Google Map is very important
- 5 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
PPDC Recruitment Statement
- PPDC is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- PPDC does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Note: For Diversity, applicants from North East – Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, and Yobe will be given first consideration.