The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. It is currently made up of 193 Member States. The mission and work of the United Nations are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. UN Photo United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding , NGO/Non-Profit
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual contractor will be responsible for the following duties:
- On a daily basis, translate UN messages into the Hausa language;
- Support the production of multimedia content in the Hausa language for a variety of platforms, including audio and video productions;
- Produce regular audio bites of key messages in the Hausa language;
- Maintain a database and contacts of Hausa language radio, TV and print media partners for dissemination of UN content;
- Regularly disseminate UN content to Hausa language platforms, including social media;
- Monitor the use of Hausa language productions and content on various platforms;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the UNIC Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mass Communication, International Relations, Journalism or Development.
- Experience in working with development organizations is desirable
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required. Ability to translate documents into the Hausa Language for this position.
- Energetic and have some experience working as radio programmes producer in Hausa and preferably should have worked for one of the reputable Hausa radio stations in Nigeria;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with team members, delivering through and with others;
- Ability to apply judgment in the area of job assigned, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Good writing skills with attention to details as well as understanding the conceptual frameworks to be able to translate into Hausa Language.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills especially in the Hausa Language;
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, presentation packages (PowerPoint), Internet, etc;
- Strong skills in the application of communication technologies;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and in a team.
- Good English Language skills