Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator, Voice Nigeria Programe
Grade Level: C2
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: 1-year Fixed Term – Renewable based on funding availability
Duration: 01/11/2023 to 31/12/2024
- Voice is an innovative grant facility financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands to support rightsholders and groups facing marginalisation or discrimination in their efforts to exert influence in accessing productive resources and social services and political participation.
- Voice operates in a context where civic space and power are shifting at a fast pace, and often closing rather than opening. Voice is implemented in ten countries in Africa and Asia, by a consortium between Oxfam Novib and Hivos.
- Oxfam leads the implementation of the Voice Program in Nigeria.
- As a co-implementer of the Voice program, Oxfam seeks qualified candidates for the position of: Project Coordinator – Voice
Communication and Representation:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Voice program in the country in liaison with the Regional Roving Grants Officer. In close coordination with the Country Management Team, represent the Voice program in the country vis à vis country stakeholders.
- Coordinate the Voice programme in-country in close collaboration with the Voice finance officer and Voice linking and learning officer to ensure smooth implementation.
- Regular communication with the Voice Coordination Team in particular the Program Manager and the Regional Roving Grants Officers.
Grant Management and Partner Support:
- Lead organization of Voice program events and activities in Nigeria.
- Provide technical support as needed to potential grantees in the formulation of grant applications.
- Mentor and provide technical assistance to grantees in the implementation of projects on and as needed.
- Coordinate and support in-country grants team in carrying out program and accountability assessments.
- Ensure effective post contract grant management including collection and assessment of reports, follow up, communication with and monitoring grantees on the ground; ensure scheduled payments to grantees, and liaise with finance officer to ensure seamless grantee management and communication.
- Manage, review and make recommendations to change as needed to ensure that grant processes are in line with Voice needs and promote effective grant making.
- Effectively coordinate closure of grants and exit from grant partnerships.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Process and monitor information on grant allocation in the administrative system.
- Responsible for country level reporting on the Voice programme (grant portfolio reporting, data collection and learning, time writing).
- Develop and prepare operational reports for grant management at national and global level.
- Administer Voice policies and procedures in accordance with country and organisational guidelines.
- Track Voice grant compliance and bring instances of non-compliance to the attention of the Country Director and Voice Coordination Team.
- Support grants and financial data reconciliation and preparation for reports, audits and other Voice reporting as needed.
- Monitor regulations and their effect on grant making.
- Relevant Academic background (MA level) or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of feminist and women’s rights issues and rights of marginalised groups in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of and affinity with social inclusion and lobby & advocacy efforts.
- Knowledge of applicable country/ national regulations.
- Knowledge of grant management (desired).
Skills & Experience:
- 5 years’ experience with large scale grant management.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Administrative project management skills
- Excellent ICT skills (Microsoft Office and database).
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritise multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to analyse budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines.
Competitive Package in line with Oxfam Values
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- For this role, we are especially encouraging applications from people who identify as being part of one or more of the five rightsholder groups Voice stands for. Please let us know in your application if this is the case and what reasonable accommodation, we need to make to ensure your participation in the program.
- This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be changed from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.