The Foundation for Alternative Learning in Underserved Communities (FALUC) aims to enhance education and economic empowerment in north-eastern Nigeria. FALUC leverages innovation, creativity, and advocacy to overcome barriers to quality education, opportunities, and resources for underserved individuals to reach their full potential and live a sustainable and fulfilling life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Volunteer
Job Type: Full time
Duration: 6 months
- The Programs Volunteers will play a crucial role in assisting with the planning, execution, management, and evaluation of our various humanitarian and development programs and initiatives.
- This role offers an opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects that positively impact the lives of underprivileged children and marginalized communities.
- The program volunteer will work closely with the Program team to ensure the successful delivery of program objectives.
- Collaborate with the program team to assist in defining program objectives and strategies.
- Provide support in developing program plans, timelines, and budgets, ensuring alignment with organizational goals.
- Assist in identifying and mitigating potential risks and challenges.
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm and implement innovative program ideas.
- Support project managers and coordinators in the execution of program activities.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking program progress, ensuring milestones are met within scope and quality standards.
- Contribute to resource allocation, including budget tracking and management.
- Assist in cultivating and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and community leaders.
- Collaborate with external partners to facilitate resource sharing and enhance program impact.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assist in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities to assess program outcomes.
- Contribute to data analysis and reporting to support evidence-based decision-making.
- Collaborate in the preparation of reports and presentations for stakeholders.
- Passion for the organization’s mission and commitment to social impact.
- Qualifications or certifications in Program management or related filed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software.
- Previous experience in volunteer work, community engagement, or relevant fields is a plus.
- Previous experience in program management or a related field is highly desired.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Gain hands-on experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Contribute to meaningful projects that make a positive difference in the community.
- Develop valuable skills in research, communication, and project management.
- Network with like-minded individuals and professionals in the development sector.
- Receive guidance and mentorship from experienced program team members.
- 24 hours per week over 4 working days.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online