Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- You will effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle to assist the acquisition of goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
- Your abilities will allow you to successfully support the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities applying the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Supports requestors to prepare complete and comprehensive Purchase Requisition Forms.
- Assists with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
- Assists the Procurement Officer in the continuous search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services.
- Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
- Purchases items following CRS procurement documents (i.e. Purchase Order), instructions, and standards.
- Prepares Payment Requests, ensuring all the supporting documentation is accurate and on file to assist the timely payment to vendors; and, follows up with requestors, suppliers, and other relevant parties to address any deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
Required Languages – English and Hausa , proficiency in other local languages preferred.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 10 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized organizational codes of ethics
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
- Professional certification a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) highly desirable.