The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant
SVN No.: SVN2023.136
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Organizational Unit: Resource Management Unit (RMU)
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer; and in collaboration with relevant units in Yola Sub-Office, the successful candidates’ primary role will support in coordination and implementation of the procurement process including obtaining quotations, tendering, purchases and deliveries of supplies/services at the Yola as well as the Mission in Nigeria in accordance with IOM’s Procurement policies and procedures:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide procurement and logistics support of goods/services in accordance to the IOM’s procurement policy and other related regulations and procedures.
- Receive Purchase Requisition Forms prior to procuring using the authorization matrix as applicable for the Sub-Office and Mission as a whole.
- Participate in preparation of objective evaluation criteria to evaluate bids for Works, services, and supply in coordination with requesting units and ensure these criteria are featured in the solicitation documents before advertising or sharing them with potential Bidders. Publish tenders on IOM Website and United nations Global Market Place (UNGM).
- Solicit offers/quotations/proposals, prepare bids analysis accordingly and share with the supervisor and related Programme Manager and make recommendation for best offers received on goods/services; and seek the related approval according to the Mission’s approval matrix.
- Guide Bid Evaluation Committee (BEC) on the process of Bid Opening, evaluation and recommendation while ensuring full compliance with IOM Procurement Rules and Regulations.
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) through PRISM system using Material Management (MM) module and ensure necessary information on asset number, specifications, quantity, prices, delivery and payments terms are captured, obtain acknowledged copy of Purchase Order (PO) from the Vendor.
- Participate in negotiations with contracted firms on the implementation of activities under the project components and monitor progress of contracts implementation to ensure that they abide by the stipulated standards, procedures, and planned work/delivery Schedule.
- Process all procurements in accordance with the IOM procurement Manual (IN168 Rev.3) and implement existing mechanisms to avoid fraud and ensure transparency to complement the IOM rules and regulations on procurement.
- Prepare Request for Payment, ensure proper supporting documents from Purchase Request until Goods Receiving Note are attached, submit it to Finance Department and update the logbook accordingly.
- Verify compliance with IOM and donor requirements including guidelines, rules, and regulations, such as the field procurement manual and report any non-compliance.
- Provide a monthly report on Open Purchase orders and Purchase Requests and follow up with relevant colleagues to ensure their timely closure in the PRISM MM Module.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) with the guidance and support of the Supply Chain Officer, document the performance of Suppliers against the Established Long -Term Agreements (LTAs) using established KPI’s and follow up with suppliers on improvements.
- Perform such other duties as may be required
- University Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supply Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma with five years of relevant experience in the above fields.
- Professional experience in Supply Chain Management procurement and Logistics humanitarian field.
- Experience in managing large dynamic teams, with a customer service, IT, or administrative background.
- High computer literacy with in-depth use of MS office applications in Windows and MS Office is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Supply chain, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage; and,
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required, working knowledge of the local language.
- Skills and knowledge in Conducting local/international procurement, clearing & forwarding, Government laws and regulations, insurance and inventory/stock/supplies and management.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings.
Behavioural The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter (not more than one page specifying the motivation for application) addressed to: “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” via : HRNIGERIA@iom.int using “SVN2023.144 Procurement & Logistics Assistant, Yola” as the subject of the mail.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted