Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Mangu, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols, and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression.
- Ensuring efficient supply to other EEU managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending on EEU in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy in is required.
- Registration with Nigerian Pharmacists Council and License from Nigeria Ministry of Health.
- Essential At least one (1) year certified work experience.
- Experience at MSF or other NGO in related field.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Organized, flexible, able to work under pressure, Communication skills and good team spirit.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Valid Licence
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.