Since 1979, we have helped people grappling with the toughest hardships survive – and then thrive. That’s the heart of our approach: We help communities turn crisis into opportunity. Throughout our history, Mercy Corps has demonstrated innovation, timeliness and the ability to adapt quickly to changing realities.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Imo
- Job Field: Administration / Secretarial
General Position Summary
The Operations Assistant is responsible for all facilities & office management functions and logistics (asset management, fleet management and warehousing) functions in a specific field office.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Facilities and Office Management
- Ensure administration policies and procedures are implemented as described in the Field Facilities and Office Management Policy.
- Oversee facility management, including housing and office leases; ensure that security standards are maintained at all premises.
- Coordinate general office management tasks.
- Assist in maintaining the Fleet and ensure smooth movement for staff and commodities in the region.
- Assist in supervising the rental vehicle service providers following the outlined procedures in Fleet Management Manual.
- Assist in organizing/ managing the stock of the warehouses.
- Maintaining a comprehensive warehouse record.
- Assist in maintaining the Stock counts in Mercy Corps warehouses with the support of other team members.
- Update the asset and inventory databases.
- Compiling reports regarding any incidents and reports according to the Mercy Corps Field Asset Management Manual.
- Coordination with Programs and Finance Departments regarding fiscal year-end and grant-end asset verification.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Cook, Cleaner, Guard and Drivers
Reports Directly To: Operations Manager
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Relevant qualification in the field of admin and logistics
- 2 years minimum of relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word programs.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action so as to not delay program activities.