GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Coordinator (Health and Nutrition)
Job Type: Full Time
Dimensions of the Role
- The Nutrition Coordinator is in charge of the supervision, planning and coordination of the different phases throughout the project cycle relevant to the delivery of services through GPON’ different health-nutrition projects in BAY state
- The Nutrition Coordinator must ensure all activities meet/match matching GPON charter, policies, and ethical principles with consideration of international and national protocols in order to ensure the delivery of quality healthcare for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition and humanitarian living conditions of the target population.
- S/he in close collaboration with the program coordinators, will be responsible for defining and implementing the strategy for health and nutrition sectors of the mission.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure coherence, structure, quality assurance for the ongoing programming
- Lead in the development of new projects/programs proposals
- Organise and report on monitoring/evaluation/assessment and learning (MEAL) for GPON Nutrition and health programmes
- Assure innovation, cost-effectiveness and capacity development for the sector programme and the national teams.
- Supervise and coach/train the project technical teams ensuring planning, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation
- Train and coach junior national Health-Nutrition PMs
- Supervise the delivery of quality project activities reporting, including the findings in terms of impact/changes at the level of beneficiaries achieved through the project.
- Represent GPON in all cluster/sector meetings.
- Responsible for defining, monitoring and updating the health and nutrition relevant content of the GPON’ country policy, health strategy, annual plan and budget, translating the identified health and nutrition needs into a strategic vision and project objectives, priorities and resources needed for the sector in order to cover the sector specific needs of the population at risk, and ensuring that the objectives and goals set in the GPON’s annual plan and project plans are achieved.
- Provide technical supervision, guidance and management to all GPON health and nutrition program
- Overall responsible for the appropriateness and quality of health and nutrition interventions by GPON projects, including identify and remove barriers to patient safety, effective healthcare, and better patient-centered activities
- Continuously monitor the health and humanitarian needs in new areas of intervention or in areas where GPON is already present through assessment, monitor and review project proposals, determining necessary resources in order to define health and nutrition priorities and potential new programs to cover health and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- Ensure consistency of the health and nutrition program with the national and international standardized protocols, policies and guidelines.
- Liaise with local government and health authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and donors at national and field site level.
- Represent GPON before MOPHP/GHO/DHO offices and guarantee constant presence and active participation to the health and nutrition coordination fora (clusters meetings, other technical coordination meetings) and keep regular contact with other counterparts in the mission (NGOs, local organizations, donors, authorities) in order to broaden sector-specific understanding and analysis, strengthening the impact of the health intervention and supporting advocacy actions.
- Ensure accurate data collection and reporting are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the health and nutrition program providing proper analysis related to the collected data.
- Work with health and nutrition teams and logistic department to procure and preposition drugs in a timely manner to ensure adequate supply at the intervention sites.
- In close collaboration with the HR team, participate in the planning, definition and sizing of the health-workforce and support the associated processes (recruitment, validation of health staff, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and internal / external communication).
- Coach, train and directly support the health teams in the implementation of the health activities making sure that internal protocols are respected as well as the ones of MOPHP.
- Ensure regular monitoring on the different components of the program and to set up corrective measures in case of need.
- Review all reports prepared by the staff and ensure that reports are written and submitted to donors in a timely manner.
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings and in all relevant technical working groups.
- Organize monthly sector/department technical meetings and bi-monthly cross-sector meetings (program integration).
- Ensure good practice and system for internal and external referral of most vulnerable cases, in close coordination and collaboration with the protection coordinator for protection cases.
- Assure regular delivery of quality communication products on the projects to be used by the GPON communication department and donors and in different outlets
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Hold an Advanced Degree in Medicine. An additional degree in public health will be considered an asset.
- Min 4 years of professional experience working as project manager in the health sector and 2 year as medical coordinator in a complex emergency setting is required.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships government (MOPHP in particular) counterparts
- Experience with Health and Nutrition Clusters and different working groups – general and SAGs.
- Proven experience with donor compliance, proposal, budget design and reporting
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and remote management
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and information management systems relevant to health and nutrition sectors
- Demonstrated training and coaching experience
- Demonstrate experience with integrated programming (health, nutrition, protection (MH/PSS), WASH, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken English, fluency in Hausa would be an asset (read and write)
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multicultural environment
- Strategic vision and planning
- Strong representation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- High flexibility
- Constructive critical thinking
- Ability to work and adapt in different environments
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
N400,000 – N500,000 / month.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with GPON Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online