Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Locations: Shinkafi and Zurmi – Zamfara
Contract Period: 6 months
Possibility of extension: Yes
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Slot: 3 Openings
- Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
- Supervise and train nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Promote, implement and following-up the universal hygiene standards, protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene in MSF working environment.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures.
- Identify Sexually Gender-Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive necessary treatment.
- Ensure patients are properly received and that lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
- Monitor patients admissions, surveillance and follow-up’s. (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency or deterioration.
- Carryout and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert the supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Essential recognized Nursing Degree / Diploma.
- Bachelor’s in Science of Nursing is desirable.
- Essential two (2) years working experience with MSF or in a well-structured establishment
- Essential English and Hausa languages are desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Women and People with Disabilities are encouraged to Apply