ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services. We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Support Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Function: Technical Support
Department: Enterprise Service Management
Reporting to: Team Lead, Enterprise Service Management
Job Grade: Permanent
Travel Frequency: Seldom
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Purpose of the Job
- Provide first level off-site technical support for all ipNX services: Voice, Data connectivity, Internet services, Wimax services etc.
- To consistently provide a high level of excellent customer service and support, ensuring customer satisfaction.
Incident Management (First Call Resolution):
- Manage Service request life-cycle: receive, log and take ownership of all general Service Requests and progress to resolution.
- Receive, log and take ownership of all faults. and provide timely, complete and accurate resolution to customer inquiries via email, phone or web calls.
- Monitor and escalate based on SLAs, coordinate with other teams as may be necessary to resolve customer issues within the contracted SLAs.
- Proactively monitor all ipNX owned & installed network elements in corporate customers’ premises.
Prompt Response to inbound calls and emails:
- Ensure initial call assessment, resolution (if possible) or escalate to the appropriate technical group.
- Identify, document and alert supervisor of trends in customer calls.
- Follow up on unresolved complaint/ open tickets to closure.
- Ensure daily updates of all complaints not closed (open tickets) by following up with person(s), units and organizations responsible.
- Timely Escalation/feedback to relevant units.
- Liaise with clients on updates of progress on Service
- Requests and Incidents reports ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Dissemination of information regarding network faulty condition, causes, planned outage period for repair/preventive maintenance.
Preparing Technical Reports:
- Produce periodic error-free service reports in order to inform both management and external clients of service levels achieved and areas of service improvement required.
- Prepare daily incidence summary reports.
- Prepare monthly availability reports for customers.
- Generate outage, fault and utilization reports as well as cause analysis/ reason for outage reports.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- B.Sc / B.Eng Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electrical Electronics Engineering (2.2 / Upper Credit at minimum).
- CCNA , CCNP (Desired)
- Strong telecommunications, IP design skills, & in-depth knowledge of IP Network.
- Excellent business communication skills both verbal and written.
- A hands on experience with the following is a must: IP Routing, MPLS, QOS, VPN.
- Knowledge and experience with network security (IPSec Firewalls) is desirable.
- Experience with Wireless Point-to-Point and Point- to-Multipoint technologies is desirable.
- Candidate must possess excellent customer interface, analytical and presentation skills and be
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Able to influence internal and external organizations.
- Nimble Learning.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online