Optimal Greening Foundation (OGF), the non-profit arm of Optimal Greening, is positioned to deliver environmental sustainability projects through collaboration and partnership with several stakeholders to help improvements in vulnerable communities across Nigeria. We are dedicated to raising the consciousness of individuals and organizations on the impacts of climate change and the need for environmental sustainability. We advocate for renewable options to protect the environment, reduce reliance on coal, oil, and gas, and mitigate resource depletion.
Water Ease for Development Alliance (WEDA) is OGF’s premier initiative and focuses on Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) via sustainable solutions for rural and disadvantaged communities for economic empowerment. OGF aims to scale this initiative to effectively address the adverse environmental, health, and social issues associated with the lack of access to clean water, to help alleviate poverty in Nigeria. The main initiative is the focused provision of electricity, clean cooking, waste, and water nexus in disadvantaged rural and slum communities across Nigeria to commemorate sustainable environmental and social impact within these communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop and implement comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plans for OGF programmes.
- Design logical frameworks, performance indicators, and data collection tools aligned with each program goals and objectives.
- Establish clear data collection protocols and procedures, ensuring ethical considerations and confidentiality are maintained.
- Coordinate and oversee the collection of high-quality data from various sources, including surveys, focus group discussions, interviews, etc.
- Conduct data analysis using appropriate statistical software (e.g., Excel, SPSS, etc) to generate insightful and actionable findings.
- Interpret data trends, patterns, and correlations to assess program performance, outcomes, and impact.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques to identify program strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
- Prepare comprehensive monitoring and evaluation reports, presenting findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Collaborate with the program team to ensure effective utilization of monitoring and evaluation findings for evidence-based decision-making.
- Monitor program performance against targets and milestones, facilitating timely reporting and accountability.
- Collaborate with program teams and external stakeholders to integrate monitoring and evaluation activities into program design, implementation, and reporting.
- Support project progress reporting and project review.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s in Social Sciences, Computer Sciences, Statistics or a related field
- At least three years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably with an NGO.
- Strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills, including the ability to communicate complex data and concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans, including developing logical frameworks, indicators, and data collection tools.
- Experience in managing data systems, including designing databases, developing data entry forms, and ensuring data quality.
- Strong data analysis skills, including the ability to clean and analyze both qualitative and quantitative data using relevant statistical software.
- Experience in conducting data visualization and interpretation using data visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI, or Excel.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection methods, including experience in conducting focus group discussions, key informant interviews, and surveys.
- Ability to train and build the capacity of staff and partners in monitoring and evaluation, including developing and delivering training sessions and workshops.
- Knowledge of online survey tools such as Survey Monkey or Qualtrics.
- Familiarity with online data collection tools such as ODK or Kobo Toolbox, Commcare etc.
- Experience in developing data visualization using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Excel.
- Self-motivation with the ability to generate ideas and develop concepts to fruition with minimal supervision.
- Exposure to and interest in climate change, social impact and sustainability.
- Must have a laptop with access to stable internet connection given the remote nature of the role.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2023.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Curriculum vitae without a cover letter will not be considered.