Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor – Malaria Peak
Job Code: MD01400
Locations: Shinkafi & Zurmi – Zamfara
Slots: 9 Openings
Contract: Fixed Term
Contract Period: 6 months (With no possibility of extension)
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries’ health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevent. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or
- project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are always followed and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- Provide personal, family and community-orientated comprehensive medical care to individuals. As part of the general practice team he/she is responsible for providing patient-centered, culturally appropriate, and individual holistic care to the target population.
- Work closely with the nursing team, the SRH team, the MH team and the HP team to provide clinical guidance, assistance education and support.
- Daily ER consultations and ward rounds for all patients, including children under 15, ITFC, Neonatology, Isolation and
- Maternity. The objective is to provide quality treatment and ensure the best, appropriate, medical care available in this context.
- Ensure that patients files are completed appropriately and legibly, with good documentation of clinical findings, vital signs monitoring, investigations, referrals and treatments.
- Refer and liaise closely with the multi-disciplinary team, (HP, psychologist, social worker), to address patient needs.
- Follow the universal precautions (asepsis and hygiene) and the waste management procedure (sharp waste, contaminated waste).
- Education Essential: MBBS Degree from any recognized University in Nigeria.
- Essential: Minimum of 2 years cognate experience as a medical doctor with a valid practicing license.
- Essential: Experience with MSF or other International NGOs in Developing countries, experience working in an international environment.
- Mission language is essential, and knowledge of the local language is an asset.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet, others).
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: MSF Encourages qualified Women and People with Disabilities to Apply.