Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a not-for-profit, non-political, non-religious Women-led organization with the vision of“a society where women and men, girls and boys realize their full potential and participate in every sphere on an equal basis and where the rights of everyone irrespective of sex are recognized and respected” and the mission of “Promoting gender equality, peace and sustainable development and empowering women & girls”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- Coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation, and analysis of data to track programs/project activities, monitor progress, and support impact measurement.
- Establish and ensure better data management systems for the project.
- Work in close collaboration with the Program Manager, and MEAL Managers from other members of the Consortium to develop an overall M&E framework for the Program
- Provide technical support and training to the field staff, participate in the rollout of the accountability[i1] framework, and contribute to internal knowledge building.
- Provide support to project staff to systematically measure progress in the implementation and provide training on the framework through which these measurements (M&E data) are fed back to those involved in the running of the various component of the project and ensure that the information can support and guide the decisions of the management team to improve the quality and impact the program operations.
- Provide technical and methodological support to programs for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities, data management (development of questionnaires for surveys, sampling, input method, extraction of useful data and interpretation) and integration of cross-functional issues.
- Ensure continued generation of accurate information about beneficiary reach, as per regional requirements.
- Develop the capabilities of program teams in the areas of collection and analysis of data (method, formats, software, etc.), indicator measurement, feedback and complaint mechanisms, negative impact analysis, etc.
- In consultation with the Protection sector lead, design and develop program database, IPTT and regularly update the database for the sector.
- Update the MEAL plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on the status and quality of implementation.
- Develop indicator reference sheets, including a list of operational definitions of what is being counted for each indicator and develop appropriate data collection tools for the Humanitarian Response Program programmatic indicators.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routine data quality checks and validations
- Ensure that MEAL and program teams regularly review and accordingly adjust MEAL plans and tools in light of changes and needs in the field context based on monitoring data and reflection sessions.
- Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting annual performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Directly oversee and line manages the M&E Officers and CRM Officer
- Support on planning and managing internal or external program evaluations.
- Collate case studies and success stories.
- Actively participate in M&E meetings with key stakeholders and other external meetings.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly progress reports and statistics as well as mid-/final reports to stakeholders
- Support the development of M&E reports and documentation of learnings across projects.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Program Manager
- Reports to the Program Manager.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with at least 3 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online