Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a not-for-profit, non-political, non-religious and Women-led organization with the vision of“a society where women and men, girls and boys realize their full potential and participate in every sphere on an equal basis and where the rights of everyone irrespective of sex are recognized and respected” and the mission of “Promoting gender equality, peace and sustainable development and empowering women & girls”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Location: Askira Uba and Damboa – Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- Coordinate the activities of the Protection Officers and GBV Officers across the project locations
- Regularly verifies the status of the case management database, conduct case reviews, and provide feedback to the Protection Officers, ensuring that cases meet and maintain compliance with established SOPs and minimum standards in case management.
- Supports the planning, implementation, and reporting on all protection activities via project workplans, schedules, team management and the availability of materials, supporting a positive team dynamic and a healthy work environment.
- Ensures an equal division of the overall workload, timely follow-up on targets and flag issues to the Project Manager.
- Provides individual supervision sessions on a regular basis to each Protection Officer, supporting and coaching them on their duties using various methods; enabling their ability to find solutions and respond appropriately to daily challenges.
- Compiles all reporting on case management, general protection activities and PSS activities as per GEPaDC and donor reporting regulations and transmit these on a regular basis to the Program Manager.
- Supports the MEAL team in the compilation of the monthly 5Ws, GBVIMS, CPIMS reports, and other reports as needed.
- Oversees the proper and safe filing, archiving, and information-sharing of case management files to maintain data confidentiality as per GEPaDC and international standards.
- Ensure that all teams are trained in data protection and confidentiality; and enforce the adherence to protection principles, codes of conduct and internal SOPs.
- Carries out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to; do no harm; non-discrimination; confidentiality, accountability, and; need-to-know principles.
- Contribute to the design and execution of project assessments, regular service mapping, updates to the service directory, the development of referral systems per area, and project data collection (surveys, pre and post-tests, etc…).
- Identifying Protection trends and reporting gaps in the availability, access and quality of protection services in the assigned area;
- Flags protection and security issues and contribute to the identification of appropriate responses via regular data review and the submission of protection reports.
- Harmonizes guidance and support for the planning and implementation of awareness-raising activities, focus group discussions, and PSS activities in the WGFS, CFS and training workshops.
- Participate in external meetings, representing GEPaDC as needed, with an emphasis on training on protection monitoring, general protection trends, and challenges.
- Supports the development, updating and local adaptation of protection tools and training material and delivers step-down training on these as needed for the field.
- Supports donor reporting and project development and protection strategies at the macro level as required.
- Directly supervise the child protection officers, GBV Officers and EMAP Officers
- Reports to the Program Manager.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with at least 3 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online