Helen Keller International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition, and diseases of poverty. Cofounded by Helen Keller – and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers life-changing health solutions to vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change.
Helen Keller works closely will the Government of Adamawa State to implement a nutrition-sensitive agriculture project that integrates homestead food production with social behavior change communication to promote Essential Nutrition Actions (ENA) and Essential Hygiene Actions (EHA). This project, which includes active case identification management and treatment of acute malnutrition, aims to improve food and nutrition security.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Associate
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Officer/HR/Ops Manager, the Logistics Associate will support the proper management of health supplies, ensuring timely delivery of sufficient quantities of health commodities to state, LGA, Ward and facility levels.
- He/she works closely with the finance team, Procurement team and Operations to make logistical arrangements, manages state office assets, coordinate the arrangement of materials and equipment to ensure smooth operations of the State office.
- Arrange for hotel reservations
- Arrange office travels in collaboration with Finance Team
- Provides support to Technical / Program staff in executing programs
- Maintain Helen Keller State assets register/Asset Panda
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure of availability of desks, chairs etc. i.e. ready for them to use on the start day.
- Coordinate the approved budget for activities making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity.
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required
- Ensure the proper filing of procurement Purchase Requisition Form (PRF)
- Maintain vehicle maintenance log, Log book control and filing
- Office Maintenance follow up
- Purchase of office and program consumables in collaboration with the Procurement team
- Prepares/Signs Good Received Note (GRN)
- Receives and Issues inventory/materials
- Maintains office supplies inventory logbook/card
- Official physical inventory count
- Maintain generator logbook
- Preparation & submission of monthly fuel consumption reports.
- Receives and sends out mails and correspondences
- Properly code and label all office furniture, equipment and non-consumable inventory
- Keep track of location of all equipment and furniture by projects, including transfers between offices/staff by updating the Asset Panda using the asset transfer form.
- Keep all relevant information including, which project the property belongs, price, make, model, location, user, condition, etc.
- Carry out additional tasks, as requested.
- University Degree in Business Management or Accounting. Postgraduate Degree in related field preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience with GiveWell / USAID / DFID or other donor funded project
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV along with a Cover Letter in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.