Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Logistics Assistant performs or oversees repair/maintenance/building work within agreed deadlines.
- S/he will be responsible for the smooth running and prevention of the break down/deterioration of PUI equipment/installations/facilities, and for collecting, recording and archiving all related documents concerning procurement.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Codify all PUI equipment according to PUI procedures
- Assist the Logistics Officer in recording all equipment in the Equipment follow-up sheet
- On a regular basis check that all equipment are working properly (water dispenser, printer, scanner…)
- Inform line manager in case of equipment dysfunction
- Ensure that all the machine’s paper (printer, scanner) and water dispenser is full
- Assist the Logistics Officer in the equipment dispatch
- Assist the loading and unloading of goods/materials
- Control the generators’ fluids and inform his/her line manager in case of any problem
- Ensure the fueling of all generators or assist the guards
- Collect all internal request of stationary items from every department
- Supply stationery items requested to every department
- Inform his direct supervisor in the event of stationery stock replenishment.
- Assist the Logistics officer to ensure that the administrative documents for all vehicles are available, filed and monitored
- Organize the schedule of vehicle movements and drivers at Coordination base level
- Assist the Coordination Logistics Team to report all cars incidents and prepare the reports
- Organise monthly meeting with PUI drivers on sensitiztion of PUI safety and guidelines
- Ensure the daily, weekly and monthly checks on all PUI vehicles according to PUI fleet guidelines
- Assist Logistics officer on vehicle estimate for the month and process the monthly vehicle statement
- Allocation of vehicles to the staff during the working hours
- Provide assistance and support on vehicle repair and management
- Update the daily movement board (Airport drop-offs/pick-ups and movement within/outside the town)
- Assist the Logistics officer for cargo movements across all the bases
- Ensure that vehicle log books are maintained
- Maintain data and update records of all vehicles
- Ensure that office vehicles are checked daily and road worthy
- Ensure that regular service schedule and maintenance is carried out
- Ensure proper monitoring of diesel for generators
- Ensure all generator files (diesel reception, generator fueling follow-up, generator time sheet etc.) are well managed
- Ensure proper maintenance and repair of generator fleets when due for servicing
- Fill the vehicle card of pointing on a daily basis
- Prepare duty roaster for the drivers
- Ensure that all requirements stated in the vehicle rental contract are duly implemented and communicates any discrepancies with the Logistics officer.
- Ensure the formal communication linked to the store within the base – stationeries and consumables
- Ensure that storage space is available at the base store
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the line manager
- Express his / her needs for daily workers to the Logistic Officer
- Assist with monthly rolling stock takes and the annual stock take, reconciling inventory records with physical counts and sharing the monthly report to the Logistic Officer.
- Regularly inspect PUI’s premises to assess what work is necessary
- Inform his/her direct supervisor of any problems or breakdowns noticed in PUI’s premises
- Carry out maintenance and small repairs on PUI’s premises and infrastructures (base, stock, warehouse, health centre, etc.)
- Assist the Logistics Manager for making sure all premises have security equipment (fire extinguishers, sand buckets…)
- Ensure all doors have spare keys and store in the logistics keys cupboard
- Ensure all wall have barbed wire and maintained in good state
- Carry out interventions as indicated by his direct supervisor
- Inform his/her direct supervisor in the event of an incapacity to carry out the work requested which requires the intervention of a worker or specialized technician
- Assist workers or specialized technicians if needed
Documentation and Reporting:
- Give daily report to the Logistics Officer about the progress of the logistics activities
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to his/her domain
- Update and share the monthly fire extinguisher follow-up
- Update and record the vehicle, generator and fuel follow-up regularly and send to the Logistics officer on a monthly basis
Priorities of the Department
- Plan, organize, and implement maintenance/repairs as within PUI guidelines
- Increase the anticipation, reactivity of maintenance and general equipment of base facilities
- Ensure the implementation of PUI logistics tools and procedures following PUI procedures
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Education Degree: Secondary Education, B.Sc or HND preferable, and certificate in any logistics field is an asset.
- Work experience: A previous experience of 6 month in logistics work is mandatory. Previous experience in NGO is an asset.
- Language skills: Fluent in English, basic knowledge in Hausa and Kanuri
- Transversal Skills
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
- Diplomatic and open-minded
- Good physical condition.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online