Committed To Good (CTG) is an award-winning private sector company that enables humanitarian and development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Gombe
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit , Project Management
- With the support of the Nutrition Specialist, organize & implement training of selected number of beneficiaries on planning & primary production of orange flesh sweet potato demonstrating good agriculture practices & marketing.
- Assemble training modules & learning materials to be used for the training.
- Come up with clear training plan, methodology, expectations & outcomes to demonstrate what beneficiaries will be trained on & how they will be trained & what can be achieved at the end of the program.
- Deliver training across selected communities in the state. Support beneficiaries with the required skills to be able to step down the training within their communities to enhance their knowledge of orange fleshed sweet potato as a source of Vitamin A.
- Provide coaching & mentoring services to the gardens for a determined number of days & gardens to be agreed upon.
- Ensure quality of IYCF counselling sessions provided at individual level & group sessions.
- With support from the State Nutrition Officer, ensure quality cooking food demonstration sessions are conducted in communities.
- Promote increasing awareness of appropriate nutrition behaviours in communities by ensuring behaviour change materials are visible in supported communities & health facilities.
- Ensure quality & timely reporting on all areas of implementation.
- Support the development of case studies & success stories from program implementation.
- Work with non governmental organizations & community based organizations to disseminate technologies on legumes processing & utilization of different location specific crops.
- Ensure adequate stock of key commodities (RUTF, SQ LNS) are available within the LGA & at health facilities.
- Monitor the distribution and utilization of nutrition commodities & provide reports on suspected misuse to supervisor.
- Participate in meetings at LGA & state level as required.
- Supervise the Ward Nutrition Supervisors & provide regular updates on the functioning of the community structures to the supervisor, including compiling & validation of data from nutrition implementing sites.
- Ensure appropriate supply chain management at LGA & health facility levels including timely requisition of nutrition supplies, storage in conducive conditions & report of inappropriate storage conditions or any other form of supply mismanagement to supervisor.
- Coordinate the activity of support group leaders.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor that are in line with the general job description.
- Provide bi weekly & monthly reports on the numbers of children receiving nutrition services & other key nutrition indicators as required.
- Provide bi weekly updates on the functioning of the community nutrition volunteers & ward nutrition supervisors.
- Provide bi weekly updates on the delivery of nutrition services at the facility level.
- Provide bi weekly updates on the status of nutrition supplies at the facility & LGA level.
- BSc / HND in Nutrition, Microbiology, Food Science or any other related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience incommunity engagement, crop production, carrying out facilitation of women groups & micro gardening or related role in a well structured organization.
- Fluency in English & Hausa is compulsory.
- Have an excellent understanding of issues related to agriculture relevant in northern Nigeria.
- Have excellent understanding of issues related to food & nutrition in the Gombe state.
- Have experience working with communities to improve homestead farm.
- Management especially in the cultivation of orange fleshed sweet potato.
- Have ability to work under minimal supervision & with tight deadlines.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to work in a team oriented multicultural environment.
- Have ability to deliver accurate & timely reports.
- Have Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) skills.
- Good verbal & communication skills.
- Working with people.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouarged to apply for this role.