Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all. Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is building on over a hundred-year legacy of Heartland Alliance International (HAI); the global arm of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years to provide high quality and stigma-free services for all using a tailored human rights-based approach.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification:BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 2 – 3 years
- Location: Cross River
- Job Field: Administration / Secretarial , Finance / Accounting / Audit
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Solely responsible for the custody and preparation of checks for payments after due approval has been obtained from the Zonal Manager.
- Support the input of financial data into QuickBooks on a daily basis and draw up monthly reconciliation and reports.
- Undertake the receipt and payment of cash.
- Complete and submit tax remittance and pension contribution on the project to the relevant authorities.
- Keep proper office records and filing as appropriate.
- Responsible for custody and disbursement of petty cash after obtaining necessary approvals.
- Support the preparation of monthly financial reports and assist in the preparation of other reports in line with donor requirements.
- Maintain and update the list of assets for the organization for asset insurance purposes.
- Esnure the day to day running of the office.
- Coordinate the price research and purchase of cleaning items.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree/HND in Accounting, Finance or closely related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Independent judgment and discretion in completing assignments, seeking approval as appropriate.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Consultants should submit a detailed resume to email@example.com