Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Head of Operations (HoP) shall have the primary responsibility of leading the day-to-day operations of the Guarantee Company (CGC) in accordance with its mission, the strategic plan and operating and volume forecasts.
- Working as a key member of the CGC’s management team, the HOP provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the fund has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the CGC and to ensure development impact, financial sustainability, and operating efficiency.
- The HOP will also pay a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the CGC by identifying products, innovation, and risk management improvements for the Partner Financial Institutions (PFIs).
Implementation of CGC’s operations:
- Develop, in collaboration with the CEO and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the annual guarantee operating plan that supports the CGG’s long term operations strategy;
- Ensure guarantee operations are implemented in line with the Operations and Credit Risk Manuals (Op Manual) and other relevant stipulations;
- Carry out training and on job coaching for the operational staff of the CGC
- Organize and carry out guarantee appraisal in line with CGC’s mission, strategic plans, and operating guidelines;
- Organize and carry out guarantee claim appraisal and claim refund procedures and participate in the respective committees;
- Initiate continuous evolution of the Operations Manual to increase the efficiency and sustainability of the Guarantee Operations;
- Maintain close contact with PFIs’ management and MSME Departments and ensure good relationship, identify areas for added value and initiate implementation of respective activities;
- Monitor the Nigerian financial sector with respect to MSME lending, and identify opportunities and threats and suggest or initiate respective measures;
- Review and monitor regulatory developments to ensure compliance and contribute to a positive regulatory recognition of the CGC;
- Monitor the business volume and portfolio quality and identify and implement measures to ensure achievement of objectives;
- Contribute to the development of annual budgets for business volume and portfolio quality and of respective mid-term projections;
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external;
- Establishing and implementing portfolio management and monitoring mechanisms;
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the CGC;
- Contribute to the evolution of CGC in the context of workflow management, portfolio reporting, business intelligence module etc.
- Contribute to CGC’s management reports for stakeholders;
- Represent the CGC with clients, investors, and business partners;
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and service and encourages individual integrity
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the CGC’s business within operations (guarantee proposals/contracts, claims, projects, and staffing);
- Contribute to the definition of the credit risk parameters of the guarantee operations;
- Monitor operational risks of PFIs’ MSME lending operations, identify gaps, and required improvements and implement these;
- Function as member of the Risk, guarantee appraisal and claim committees;
- Contribute to the evolution and improvement of the credit risk management of the CGC in coordination with the Risk Department;
- Contribute to the evolution of CGC’s MIS in the context of risk management.
- Ensure that growth opportunities are identified and captured (enrollment of additional PFIs, development of products, inclusion of additional target groups etc.);
- Carry out due diligence and TA needs assessment of new PFIs;
- Participate in and contribute to feasibility studies to be carried out by the CGC’s for new PFIs, and products;
- Assist the CEO and the CFO in developing and overseeing the long-term business strategies of the CGC;
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
Qualification & Experience
- A Master’s Degree preferably in a business-related subject;
- 10 years in relevant work experience in financial sector specifically in MSME credit of which 5 to years should be in a senior managerial role;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in management positions in finance in Nigeria;
- Experience with credit risk guarantees/insurance and exposure to development issues is desirable;
- Possesses requisite experience/knowledge in human capital management frameworks, IT infrastructure, financial planning, marketing, and operations financial reporting capabilities
Desired Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Convincing personality and ability to motivate and inspire teams and clients;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and in writing);
- Able to see the big picture and plan out details and therefore detail-oriented
- Strong process and planning orientation;
- Goal-oriented, task driven;
- Designs efficient systems, seeks productivity;
- Reliable, follows through on commitments;
- Commitment to and sincere interest in the philosophy and goals of development cooperation
- Personal commitment to organization excellence; displays honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online