Future Resilience and Development Foundation (FRAD) is a registered non-profit organization with the corporate affairs commission in accordance with the Nigerian Law. FRAD over the years having been responding to the more than decade long conflict in Northeast Nigeria with operational presence in Various LGAs across the states. FRAD envision a sustainable future where everyone can access development a world no one is left behind, and work with a mission to build the resilience of vulnerable population using locally available solutions that ensures participation and bring meaningful development leaving no one behind. These mission and vision guide our responses and intervention in thematic areas of Nutrition, protection, Education, early recovery and livelihood and food security.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the financial activities of the organization, including financial analysis and planning, accounting operations and reporting, budgeting and external audits.
- She/he establishes or improves upon the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring legal and regulatory compliance of the financial functions.
- Additionally, the Finance Manager provides guidance to senior management, supports Board relations through clear communication of financial reporting and analysis and is the primary interface with external parties on financial matters, including bank relations, customer invoices, project reporting and state and federal tax registration and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the creation, improvement and implementation of financial policies and procedures for the organization in line with nonprofit and customer requirements.
- Oversee the routine generation of timely and accurate internal and external financial reports, including monthly and annual financial statements.
- Provide financial analyses, reports and forecasts to management.
- Advise management in financial decision-making and systems development and improvement.
- Oversee the accuracy of the organizational accounting records and maintain the chart of accounts.
- Establish and monitor adequate internal controls.
- Monitor security of organization’s financial assets.
- Supervise month-end closings and bank reconciliations.
- Review project award and sub award documents and budgets as needed.
- Support the annual budget preparation process.
- Manage the employee expense reports review process.
- Direct completion of the annual audit and tax returns.
- Ensure timely production, and support review of, project invoices.
- Work with staff as appropriate in achieving financial management goals.
- Act as the liaison to the Board of Directors Finance Committee.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Supervision and Oversight:
- This position supervises the Controller and reports to the program manager and executive Director.
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Demonstrated progression in financial leadership and supervisory roles with at least three years of experience managing the finances of a $4+ million nonprofit organizations, preferably international with a mix of funding sources.
- Strong knowledge of: general ledger, banking, job cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and nonprofit taxes and registrations.
- Proficient in the use of financial software programs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Thorough understanding of nonprofit accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP).
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGS) is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), NHF, USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) and 2 CRF 200.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and balance day-to-day tasks with strategic, long-term goals and timelines.
- Adept at presenting complex financial information in a clear manner to board members, senior management, staff members and others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate diplomatically in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The title of the position must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- FRAD Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ethical recruitment, please note that we don’t collect money or participate in any fraudulent activities you can report such to email@example.com