The MENTOR Initiative is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and skilled person as its Finance and Administration Coordinator.
Experienced in all aspects of finance management, the Finance and Administrative Coordinator will be able to effectively manage the overall finance/administrative and human Resources aspects and comply with donor requirements.
Career category: Administration/Finance
Duration: 1 year (subject to fundings)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date of the applications: 11 Juillet 2023
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure that good quality finance and administration systems as per the standard
MENTOR Initiative guidelines are functioning and maintained in the programme
• Ensure correct account management for all grants in accordance with the grant agreement(s)
• Supervise and provide training on finance and administration procedures to the concerned team members
• Supervise the use and understanding of the MENTOR accountancy software by the concerned team (local and international) in each field base.
• Ensure that all members of the MENTOR team are trained in and respect the
MENTOR Finance and Administration procedures.
• Prepare monthly electronic and paper reports on expenditure against project budget(s)
• Prepare monthly budget control overviews
• Support the Country Director with ensuring compliance to all Grant agreements for financial reporting and procurement. This includes field level compliance to all legal aspects of the grant agreement
• On the basis of cash available in-country, planned expenditure and budget available, ensure that regular Requests for Cash Advances are sent to the HQ in a timely manner.
• Overall responsible for salary / fee payments to all local team members including daily workers as required.
• Overall responsible for distributing ICLA (In country Living Allowances) and security cash (when required) to international team members as well as reimbursement of approved expenses.
• Maintain a MENTOR bank account in the programme country
• Follow up on all rental agreements for the MENTOR guesthouse(s), office(s), and vehicles, etc. and renew rental agreements when necessary
• Follow up on government demands and decrees that have direct impact on the
• When necessary, follow-up on the MENTOR’s registration in country with
the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other local actors
• Assists in external meetings (administration and Human Resource cluster, NGO
forum etc) to represent The MENTOR Initiative when necessary. Minutes of meetings are to be set up and shared afterwards.
• Assist the Country Director with any other administrative tasks as required
• Directly responsible for all administrative aspects of local staff recruitment. This includes set up of non-technical job descriptions and assisting with the editing of technical job descriptions, posting adverts, organizing interviews, etc.
• Ensure that standard salary scale and per diem polices are in place and updated
regularly upon validation from MENTOR Grants Management Team.
• Ensure compliance with all local government taxation and labour regulations concerning employment contracts.
• In collaboration with the Country Director, oversee that national staff adheres to The MENTOR code of personal conduct, PSEA/Safeguarding policies and all internal rules.
• In collaboration with the Country Director and other line managers, ensure that international team members respect internal rules and policies in relation to the management of national staff under their responsibility.
• Responsible for all consultant administrative follow up, including the role as focal point for
international flights, leave planning and visas process.
• Focal point, in cooperation with the Country Director, for the national labour inspection (including for all legal complaints issued by national staff)
• Assist the Country Director with writing of Memorandums of Understanding
• When required, represent the MENTOR Initiative in external coordination meetings
(including donor related meetings)
• At the request of the Country Director, provide finance/admin and/or human resources support during field or assessment missions.
- Provide all the support needed by the program to ensure a quick delivery of the activities within the established procedures and Grants Manager directives
Reporting / Proposal writing
- Advise and assist the Coordination team in the creation of viable new proposals and budgets
- In link with the Coordination team, draft budget proposals based on current and planned expenditure, within the donor template and send it to the Grant Manager for approval before submission.
- In link with the HQ Grants Manager, prepare the financial reports to donors so that these are prepared and submitted in a timely manner, as per the grant agreements.
- Participate in the elaboration of regular internal situation reports (‘sitreps’) for subjects directly related to the responsibilities of the Finance and Administration Coordinator.
Country Coordination Support
- Participate in regular coordination meetings whenever required.
- Exceptionally replace one of the other coordinators in case of need.
- Cooperate and communicate with other coordinators for better activities implementation.
– At least 3 years of experiences as finance Coordinator with NGOs
– Familiar with NGO standard procedures
– Solid prior experience with donors procedures and HR management
– Fluent in English
– Organized and good coordination / able to work under pressure
– Experienced in managing teams is mandatory and strong asset, especially in remote context
– Excellent communication skills
– Proven capacity to train others
– Knowledge of the accountancy software SAGA is a strong asset
How to apply
The Mentor Initiative applies a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse, mistreatment or harassment, and other types of unethical behaviour including fraud. The Mentor Initiative will contact previous employers of applicants to determine if they have any history of violating international standards and codes of conduct relating to such matters.
To apply, please send your CV, letter of motivation and details of three referees (including your most recent employer): email@example.com