For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÃ‰S INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Zamfara
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit , Project Management
General objectives :
The Field Coordinator is the representative of the organization at provincial level. His/her main responsibilities are:
- He/she proposes a strategy for his/her area, according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated.
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with the Solidarités International charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures.
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly and supervises resource management.
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone.
- He/she represents the organization towards the local authorities, upholding humanitarian principles and ensures smooth communication with country office on any challenge that he/she may face.
Specific stakes and challenges :
Representation and Internal / external communication
- The FC is the official representative of Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone for NGOs, administrative, political, and local authorities, and civil society. He/she participates in humanitarian forums and relevant coordination meetings.
- The FC ensures that documents produced in his/her intervention zone meet deadlines and quality standards, respecting standard formats and procedures.
- The FC organises regular Field coordination meetings and ensures that key operational information circulates properly, in his/her intervention zone and between the bases and the country coordination (via regular communication and sitrep)
- The FC is responsible for the security of teams and property in his/her assigned zone, under the CD’s supervision.
- The FC monitors and analyses the security situation and ensure it is understood by teams.
- He/ she ensures that all new hires in his/her intervention zone are given a geopolitical and security briefing.
- Under the supervision of the CD, the FC ensure that all documents and procedures relating to security are updated regularly and ensures enforcement of regulations by the team.
- The FC ensures the immediate management of any security incidents occurring in his/her intervention zone and immediately notifies the CD.
Strategic orientation / operation monitoring
- Within his/her intervention zone, he/she monitors and analyses the humanitarian, political, cultural, social and economic context and propose and develop an operational strategy.
- Ensure the coordination, development, monitoring, and evaluation of the programmes implemented within his/her intervention zone.
- Ensure that the programmes in his/her intervention are relevant and consistent.
- The FC participates in the recruitment of the team in his/her Area. He/she is responsible for the overall management and ensure good working conditions.
- The FC promotes the ethics and values of Solidarités International.
- He/she monitors the implementation of Solidarités International’s human resources policy and procedures.
- Propose the human, financial and logistical scale for his/her intervention zone and its organisation.
- Ensure that financial resources and other means necessary for accomplishing projects in his/her intervention zone are mobilized.
- Guarantee the appropriate use of resources in his/her intervention zone.
- Post graduate level in related field.
- Substantial experience in a similar or senior management position in an overseas INGO environment.
- Experience of strategic planning.
- Proven experience in managing teams notably in complex ethnic and/or religious contexts or sensitive environments.
- Proven experience in insecure environments.
- Experience of managing security and access.
- Experience of budget management and donor compliance.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues and partners from different functions and cultures, experience of external representation responsibilities (coordination and negotiation skills).
- Strong knowledge in team management and mentoring.
- Capacity to deal with many different issues, to self- update and learn very quickly from a highly and constantly evolving environment.
- An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Good representational skills, Ability to liaise, INGOs, other agencies, authorities and donors.
- A good understanding of security management.
- Ability to write/edit quality reports in English.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Ability to work and prioritize under pressure.
- Willingness to work in a volatile security context.
- Diplomacy and strong communication skills.
- Ability to take initiatives, decisions and work in autonomy is essential.
- Good problem-solving skills in day to day and crisis situations.
- As line manager, the candidate must display diplomatic and smooth leadership skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to SI’s mission and values.
- Bilingual in English.