Connected Development [CODE] is a non-government organization [NGO] that envisions a world where all people – even in the most remote areas of the globe – can hold their government accountable. Our mission is to empower marginalized communities in Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building the capacities of citizens on how to hold their government accountable.
CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress. To enhance effective democratic governance and accountability, CODE creates platforms [mobile and web technologies] that close the feedback loop between citizens and the government. With global expertise and reach, we focus on community outreach, influencing policies, practices, and knowledge mobilization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Job Type: Full time
- Develop and implement databases and data collection systems.
- Work closely with management to identify critical metrics and to prioritize needs.
- Collect and analyze data from primary and / or secondary data sources for CODE, develop reports and visual representations.
- Support the maintenance of CODE’s database and provide technical support to all programme locations.
- Support studies and research like feasibility studies and surveys etc
- Support data quality assessment and development of reports in accordance with the outcome of data analysis.
- Visualize and present findings to key stakeholders.
- Build and customize reports.
- Produce high quality and varied research outputs for a range of audiences including analysis, report writing and presentations where necessary
- Develop and maintain dashboards.
- Create and maintain documentation regarding data models, measures, and infrastructure as they are developed
- Design database specifications and modify existing software packages to meet specific research project needs.
- Write sections of scientific papers, funding proposals, grants, and abstracts.
- Conduct data audits, compile results, analyze and summarize audit findings.
- Coordinate and manage the collection, delivery, entry, verification, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Provide advice regarding data collection and analysis required for research projects.
- Recommend modifications to processes related to data collection and data entry conventions and develop implementation plans.
- Support all forms of CODE’s research and evaluation.
- Responsible for the application of complex statistical and technical skills toward the collection, analysis, and translation of statistical data for a variety of research projects.
- Conduct statistical research and analysis, compile and interpret statistical records and reports for research projects.
- Identify the appropriate method of statistical analysis and apply statistical techniques to interpret data.
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Research or related discipline
- At least 4 years of working experience in Research Data Analysis within the development space
- Experience in Programme Research
- Experience in Research & Statistics within the development space
- Experience in conducting and organizing qualitative fieldwork
- Experience in designing qualitative research tools
- Evidence of having delivered or contributed to the delivery of high-quality social research outputs
- Experience in conducting and/or managing reviews and evaluations of projects that use both quantitative and qualitative monitoring and impact data.
- Experience with working with teams across diverse locations (local & international)
- Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information
- Proven skills in data management with concrete knowledge of open-source tools
- Experience with database management, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Well organized, with the ability to track multiple projects and deadlines.
- An ego-free attitude when it comes to taking constructive feedback and running with it.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Positive, flexible, solution-oriented, and excited to work with a diverse team of professionals working toward a common goal.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online