The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Support Associate (HR and Procurement)
Location: Akwa Ibom
Project: ICHSSA Lot 1
Reports to: Program Support Specialist(PSS)
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- The Project Officer is to perform program specific administrative duties and provide office management as required.
- Under the supervision of the PSS S/he will also be responsible for identifying and screening procurement suppliers, negotiating terms and conditions favorable to CCCRN, driving improved supplier service levels and minimizing risk.
- S/He ensures that the items and services to build and maintain CCCRN are purchased from credible suppliers and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions. An important aspect of this role is seeking maximum value for the company through time and cost agreements.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Leads the procurement function and oversees all aspects of purchasing, negotiations, strategy, tool and process implementation
- Full compliance of procurement activities with CCCRN rules, regulations, policies and strategies; elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system
- Provides leadership and direction to vendors. Manages and develops tools to deliver business partner satisfaction and achievement of overall CCCRN business and financial objectives
- Negotiates favorable contractual terms and conditions for CCCRN with suppliers and also drive a cost saving and reduction strategy
- Execution of strategic sourcing initiatives that delivers on cost reduction commitments through the identification of new suppliers including periodic market checks to ensure competitiveness
- Develops standardized tools, practices and procedures shortening the quotation, bidding and decision making and evaluation time
- Leads the development and compilation of a performance driven annual CCCRN approved vendor list
- Implements and maintains procurement policies and lead the regular review process to ensure relevance and conformance with best practices.
- Present reviewed policies for supervisor and board approvals
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of Request for Quotes, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with CCCRN rules and regulations
- Ensure adequate documentation and record keeping of all procurement transactions filed and stored in an easy traceable manner.
- Management of procurement contracts and implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders (PO) are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget checks errors and other problems
- Periodically Interfaces with Program area leads to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Other duties assigned
Key Working Relationships
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: All program staff, Administration and finance team
- External: Vendors, Suppliers and Service Providers
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Diploma in any of the Social Science or Arts, with at least 3 years relevant working experience
- Good negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of computer applications and electronic procurement and contracting mechanisms or processes.
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates understanding of USG policies on procurement and administrative processes
- Ability to relocate at short notice
- CCCRN is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: