Life at Best Development Initiative (LABDI) is a team of change-makers who believe that every helping hand can create a better future for survivors of wars. We started extending help to vulnerable children and women who were affected by the insurgency which began in Borno state, Nigeria, in 2009. This moment intensified when we found that there were many such vulnerable children, women, and households who needed help with food, shelter, and education. Our team expanded and we spread out into different parts of the BAY states to make sure we cover all possible areas and help as many children, women, and households as possible. We support children, families, and communities affected by insurgencies and natural disasters.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CMAMS Providers, Nutrition OTP Nurse
- Ensure quality and timely identification and treatment of medical complications associated with malnutrition in OTP in liaison with the other clinical services. Give and advice on the referral these children on good time after necessary first aid is given.
- Supervise and coordinate the strict patient management of children in the OTP and ensure the laid protocols are followed.
- Participate in daily operations at the OTP.
- Strictly monitor and record the vital signs as required and act on any deviation from the Normal and give all the support required.
- Prepare for and assist the nutrition officer during the supportive supervisions and whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment, and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s cards and appointments are adhered to.
- Assist patients children with severe malnutrition with activities during the visits and advise them on good health seeking behaviour and nutrition practices.
- Arrange and submit weekly OTP work schedule and plan daily duties and responsibilities for each staff.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary.
- Maintain equipment’s in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the OTP level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers, and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Ensure the establishment of nutrition monitoring activities and train health staff in case detection and referral system.
- Improvement of the MIYCN program in the OTP and ensure mothers establish breastfeeding well and counsel them at the OTP corners on best nutrition practices.
- Monitor therapeutic Feeds (RUTF) and ensure that children get them as required.
- Ensure timely reporting in accordance with set deadlines.
- Improve the provision of quality nutrition counselling in the OTP.
- Plan and conduct continuous monitoring of the OTP patient management through quality of care (QoC)
- BNSc or Diploma in Nursing / Midwifery.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience.
- Must possess at least three (3) years’ experience in implementing nutrition related activities in a busy community set up.
- competency in Microsoft suites ( Ms word, excel, PPT,outlook)
- S/He must possess ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative program data.
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have cognate skills in computer appreciation.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and with good interpersonal skills
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Letter of Motivation and CV) in a single PDF file to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.