The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti is one of the second-generation Polytechnics established by law, through Decree No. 33 of July, 1979. It was first founded in 1977 as a College of Technology in Jos, Plateau State and later that year moved to Akure, Ondo State by the then Federal Military Government. In line with the harmonization of all Federal Government owned Polytechnics, it was translated from a College of Technology into a full-fledged Polytechnic by decree No. 33 of July, 1979. By 1982 and in order to pave way for the founding of the Federal University of Technology on its Campus in Akure, the Polytechnic was again relocated, for the final time, to Ado-Ekiti. The relocation process was however completed only in 1986.
The Polytechnic has grown to become one of the nation’s best entrepreneurial and technical Institution. The Polytechnic, which was established to train middle and high level manpower for the Nigerian economy, offers both National and Higher National Diploma (ND & HND) programmes duly accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Ado-Ekit, Ekiti
- The Position will become vacant on 10th December, 2023.
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the Polytechnic.
- He/She is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic. He/She is one of the Principal Officers of the Polytechnic.
- He/She heads the Bursary Department and is the custodian of the Polytechnic finances.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post must possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- First Degree with at least a Second Class Lower division or Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a Lower Credit in Accountancy or Finance related courses from a recognised Institution of Higher Learning
- Have a minimum of eighteen (18) years post qualification cognate experience for first degree and HND holders or Master’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience or Doctorate Degree (Ph.D) in relevant discipline with a minimum of twelve (12) years post qualification cognate experience, at least ten (10) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic or similar TVET institution
- Registered with ICAN or ANAN
- Currently on the rank one level below the Bursar (i.c. Chief Accountant or Deputy Bursar or Deputy Director, Audit as the case may be) for a period NOT less than five (5) years in a Polytechnic or similar TVET institution; (v) proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills and ( accounting packages; (vi) not more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at 10/12/2023 (date the post will become vacant); (vii)demonstrate evidence of strong administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in financial policy formulation, good human relation and positive managerial attributes; (viii) knowledgeable in the Financial Rules and Regulations of the Polytechnic system; (ix) provide evidence of membership of professional body/bodies; (x) person who is not likely to pursue, racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest; (x) morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from financial embarrassment, and (x) physically and mentally fit (with evidence from a Government hospital).
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years in line with extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic as approved by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and attach photocopies of all relevant documents to their Applications (twenty (20) copies) giving the details in the following order:
- Full Name (Sumame first and underlined]
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and e-mail address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Association
- Honors and Distinctions (if any
- Academic / Scholarly Publications
- Conferences attended and Papers presented with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment to include Status, Duties and any other relevant experience
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic (20 copies)
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward Confidential Reports directly to the Registrar, The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF BURSAR” at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Federal Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 5351, Ado-Ekiti,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of the Certificates and other relevant credentials, if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Late application will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.