Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below in our Zamfara Secondary Health Care Project:
Job title: Base and Facilities Officer
Locations: Anka and Talata Mafara – Zamfara
Job Type: Indefinite
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Objective and Responsibilities of the Position
- Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of safety / Security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various premises (gardens, courtyards…) and ensuring that domestic waste are correctly discarded.
- Responsible to monitor and supervise all premises work, propose to your line manager the necessary maintenance service required
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Inform the line manager about any problem or unusual situation observed while performing his/ her duty
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager.
MSF Section/Context-Specific Accountabilities
Construction Construction & Foreman Responsibilities:
- At the direction of the Expat Log/TechLog supervisor, participates in all construction activities.
- At the direction of the Expat Log, PC/Log supervisor assists with assigning and supervising the tasks allocated to all day labourers.
- Collates the personal details & timesheets for all day labourers at the end of each week. Ensures that this information is passed on to either the Expat Log/ Log Supervisor or Field Administrator/ Finance for payment
- Do regular functional checks to assure equipment is OK and that it is correctly used and cleaned.
- Assure the equipment is well-protected (electrical, dust, heat…).
- Assist with installation of new biomedical equipment.
Reporting and training:
- History of maintenance must be logged. (Fill out form and organize in a folder, or on computer….)
- Report abnormalities to supervisor.
- Report immediately to your supervisor and/or medical team if you believe that some equipment is putting the life of a patient in danger.
- Support and follow up project’s Information Technology (IT) hardware.
- Communicated with ICT officer when needed.
- 2nd level IT support (problem solving, installations and reinstallations)
- Monthly maintenance activities (backups, anti-malware updates and software patching)
- Assistance to local users
- Assistance in local computer park management
- Local IT asset management.
- Provide feedback and escalate unsolved questions and problems to the ICT Officer.
- All reports on the base facilities must be channelled to the Logistics Supervisor.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exclusive as other work can be required according to the needs of the project.
- The job description defines the guiding rules and principles specific to the position which must be respected when carrying out the above mentioned tasks and responsibilities.
- Performs any other activity as per the instruction of his immediate supervisor.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Essential Secondary School Education. Advanced Level Education in ICT and/or in related courses is desirable.
- Desirable experience with other NGOs
- Mission and local language essential.
- Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Service and Orientation and Stress Management
Application Closing Date
29th June 2023 (5:00 PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their CV, Cover Letter, Licenses and necessary Credentials onlyto: email@example.com with the subject of the email ONLY as “Base and Facilities Office”
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will notbe considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- Any documents sent to MSF-Holland (CV, Cover Letter, Copies of Diploma, Recommendations Letters) will not be returned by MSF-Holland.
- No Transportation and Allowance will be provided during the recruitment process.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
- Only candidates based in the Job locations stated above will be considered