Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Candidates will provide technical support at state level to implement high quality care, treatment and support activities with primary focus on HIV/AIDS programs.
- Support the optimization of ART service delivery at the various LGAs and track ART coverage of service provided in the various LGAs of service delivery at ACE supported facilities to minimize missed opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance visits to all supported facilities across the project states, providing mentorship/supervision to concerned health workers on HIV/PMTCT/ART/RH activities, thereby building their capacity for quality care delivery in the above-mentioned thematic areas.
- Conduct hands-on and on-site mentoring of State / Local Government Implementing Team members on HIV/AIDS programming and service delivery.
- MB.BS or similar Degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Or BSc. Nursing, Public health, Pharmacy, or other closely related field with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting and project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.