Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world.
Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 830 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
IPA’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative & Procurement Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Administrative & Procurement Assistant will support the Operations Coordinator in running the Country Office.
- He/she must be well-organized when performing administrative and procurement duties to ensure compliance to IPA policies and processes.
- He/she also has the crucial task of ensuring that IPA Procurement policies and procedures comply with all IPA and donor regulations.
- He/She must manage and update relevant office files.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator in the running of Nigeria office operations;
- Welcome visitors to the office and manage the IPA office phone;
- Manage office cleaners;
- Support the coordination of logistics for visitors and traveling staff;
- Conduct office tours for new staff, interns, and visitors, and assist with onboarding;
- File documents as directed and required;
- Assist with inventory management and stock-taking as assigned;
- Provide logistical and administrative support to project teams as and when required;
- Monitor the stock of office supplies and stationaries, and purchase additional items as needed;
- Prepare procurement requests for country office purchases and utility bills;
- Support immigrations activities and engage with government officials involved in the process;
- Manage staff calendars ensure important event, information, and activities are updated;
- Handle office repairs and maintenance by seeking necessary approvals and coordinating with service providers;
- Support the implementation of safety and security policies and procedures as directed by the Operations Coordinator; and
- Coordinate logistics for staff meetings, conferences, office lunch and other fun activities; and
- Take and share notes at staff meetings.
- Assist Operations Coordinator in liaison with government authorities including facilitating local registrations, travel permissions, and renewals as may be required e.g. Immigration etc.
- Comply with all relevant IPA policies and procedures concerning safety and security, conflict of interest, and other relevant policies.
- Prepare technical specifications for request for proposal, including terms, conditions and evaluation criteria.
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotations, and direct other IPA staff in obtaining quotations;
- Review quotations and procurement forms with respect to quality, accuracy, suitability, delivery and pricing;
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow up;
- Expedite outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery requirements are met;
- Coordinate and resolve problems with suppliers;
- Ensure that all procurement is in compliance with IPA standard practices;
- Ensure that the vendor database is regularly updated and used in the selection of vendors;
- Prepare and develop bid documents, supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations on goods and services; and
- Work with the Operations Coordinator and Country Director to create and continuously improve Procurement systems.
- Ensure inventories are fully accounted for and maintained.
- Ensure the update of the asset register is maintained; manage the tracking system and ensure all assets are issued with unique IPA asset number tags.
- Ensure periodic (quarterly, bi-annual, and annual) asset checks are completed; report any damage and losses immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Previous experience working with International NGO
- Experience working on donor-funded projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Cover letter and CV) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.