TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Officer (Maternity Cover)
Requisition Number: ACCOU003784
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Job Category: Finance
Reports to: Acting Finance and Operations Manager
- Reporting to the Acting Finance and Operations manager, TechnoServe Nigeria, the Accounting Officer is a dynamic and agile position that will play a key role in providing account payable and general accounting support on all project being implemented in the Country office in an efficient and compliant manner and ensuring compliance to TechnoServe, donor and statutory policies, processes and regulations.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Review of procurement requests ensuring compliance with procurement policies, donor policies and country regulatory bodies
- Processing procurement approvals by raising payment vouchers and facilitating wire transfers
- Processing accurate and timely transaction information into TechnoServe’s accounting system. Checks and code expenditure (travel advances, imprest and purchase requisition)
- Maintain financial documents filing system both physical and electronic
- Work with the Country Controller to implement grant tracking/monitoring system, monitoring grant expenditures in order to identify any irregularities.
- Filing of all tax deductions and support obtaining of tax clearance certificate for the organization
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes
- Support audit both organization and project audit
- Work with Country Controller in ensuring compliance with Nigerian tax laws
- Assist with monthly payroll preparation
- Prepare payroll related statutory schedules
- Co-ordinate remittance of statutory deductions to bank
- Filing of statutory deductions with relevant authorities
- Support in preparing schedules for monthly financial close
- Review all reconciliations and ensure completeness and compliance
- Support GL reconciliation for accuracy and early error detection
- Participate in internal and external audits by providing auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanation for audit queries
- Perform other related tasks in respect to achieving the above listed as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 2 years’ experience, alternatively 4 years’ experience in the field of finance.
- Advanced-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and basic functional knowledge of field accounting software packages.
- Experience with donor funded projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong sense of collegiality, integrity, resourcefulness, and accountability for results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to think critically and elevate risks to management
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach to resolving problems.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: