Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Watchman (Daily Worker)
Contract: 260 working hours per month
- Carrying out surveillance and guarding activities in MSF facilities, according to MSF protocols and security rules, in order to ensure the safety and security of all mission’s personnel and premises.
- Surveying the MSF premise’s access and guides people to reception within authorized hours. Contacts administration team for authorizing people access.
- Watching MSF premises and property’s perimeter fence through regular patrols. Remaining on duty until other watchman comes to do a handover, never leaving the post unattended.
- Organizing traffic of vehicles within the premises and directs them in and out.
- Checking that the doors and windows are locked, and lights are off when people leave premises. Checking that security lights are working properly and informing line manager of any possible problems.
- Keeping area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.) and performs general maintenance activities of the garden (ex. cut grass, maintain flower beds, prune trees if necessary, etc.).
- Maintaining watchmen’s torch and other lighting tools, returning used batteries and keeping the necessary supply of spare batteries. Maintaining communication equipment (radio) in working conditions and providing battery availability.
- Supervising diesel/petrol tank levels of fuel. Ensuring the correct functioning of generator and water pumps (starting, switching off, record sheet of operating hours and maintenance) as well as the correct use of extinguishers (being aware of their location.
- Informing line manager of arrival of any materials before unloading and helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary.
- Register all people and goods entering and exiting the premises in the register book.
- Update the board for expatriates’ movements.
- Manage expat movements from 9pm upward daily.
- Clean the generator(s) daily when on morning duty.
- Clearing of grasses and trimming of overgrown trees branches with MSF premises.
- Essential: Basic Literacy
- Essential: MSF Experience as a Daily worker.
- Essential: Fluency in English
- Desirable: Any local language
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a typed CV and an Application Letter ONLY at:
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) France Office,
26 Olu Agabi Close, Lifecamp,
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.