Jewel University Gombe (JUG) is a world-class University in Gombe State established to give quality education in different fields of study to Nigerian citizens. The vision of Jewel University Gombe is “to advance the intellectual growth of its students to the highest levels nationally and internationally through research and creative activity, teaching and learning, and civic engagement. The mission of the University is “to be a leading research institution recognized for the success of its students, its advances in health and life sciences, and its intellectual, economic, and cultural contributions to the well-being of the citizens of Nigeria and beyond.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Bursar
A candidate applying for the position must:
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Accounting or allied disciplines from a recognized University. Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Currently not be lower than the rank of Deputy Bursar and must have a minimum of (10) ten years’ relevant experience, (5) five of which must have been spent in a university.
- Be a registered member of a professional body, such as the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and related bodies.
- Show evidence of knowledge of ICT and understanding of accounting software and its applications in financial administration and management.
- Not be more than (50) Fifty years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- Have in the past exhibited a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, integrity and transparency on matters of financial administration and management.
Terms of Appointment
- The Bursar shall hold office for a term of (5) five years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term.
- The terms and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be embodied in a contract under the seal of the University on such terms as to the condition of the office specified in the instrument of appointment.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) hard copies of their Applications (Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Certificates and Credentials), as well as a soft copy contained in a USB flash drive. The Curriculum Vitae should contain the following details:
- Full names (Surname first)
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address including e-mail address and telephone contact
- Marital Status
- Names of children (with dates of birth)
- Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic qualifications (with dates)
- Professional qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, distinctions and membership of learned societies and professional bodies.
- Publications, discoveries, or inventions (providing all relevant details)
- Work experience in the university system (providing names of the institution(s) and dates)
- Details of administrative, fund-attraction and management experience in the University system
- Specific services to local, national, and international communities (Providing dates, institutions/establishments, and status)
- Present employment status, salary, and employer
- A statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next (5) five years in not more than 1,000 words and not less than 600 words
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three Referees.
Applications are to be submitted to:
Odira Patience Egbonuba,
SA to the Founder,
Jewel University, Gombe,
C/O Jewel Foundation Head Office,
Shongo Idrisa, Gombe,
Candidates are also requested to send scanned copies of their Applications, including the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of Certificates and Credentials to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: The listed Referees are to mail their reports to the Founder under a confidential cover in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Referee’s Report – University Bursar”, to reach the Founder on/or before the Application closig date.