MSH, a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
The Technical Director for Health Service Delivery (“TD HSD”) will provide technical oversight and direction of integrated health service delivery and technical assistance activities for RMNCH/FP at the facility and community levels. The TD HSD will support the program to deliver high-quality integrated health interventions and ensure that project activities align with relevant international standards and national/state policies, strategies, and plans. The TD HSD will coordinate among USAID, donors, contractors and implementers, and Government of Nigeria institutions and representatives, particularly at the national, state, and community levels, for integrated health service delivery activities.
The TD HSD reports to the Chief of Party (COP), participates in the project leadership team, collaborates with the Technical Director for HSS, and provides direct supervision to other technical staff.
- In collaboration with the COP, ensure that the program is delivered according to donor and government policies.
- Provide overall technical direction, leadership and technical expertise for the team in designing and delivering evidence-based, high impact reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health, nutrition and malaria (RMNCH+NM) services in public and private health facilities, that are responsive to the needs of the National, State and USAID,
- Provide technical advice on the integration of RMNCH+NM into established service delivery systems across service levels and life course continuum,
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on the latest health developments, publications, and other information generation activities nationwide and globally
- Represent program at national and state level stakeholder meetings and technical working groups in relation to RMNCH+NM and related technical areas Develop and regularly update detailed annual work plans and ensure the team monitors progress towards completion and achievement of program objectives
- Coordinate project’s technical work across clinical content-specific and cross-cutting areas at the national and state levels
- Coordinate the technical expertise of MSH and its subcontractors, which will include international, national, and local organizations (civil society, faith-based organizations [FBOs] and local partners).
- Link with technical counterparts in Federal and State Governments, Local Government Areas, Ward Development Councils, local NGOs, FBOs, and civil society to coordinate and leverage the project’s technical interventions.
- Build capacity through training, mentoring, supervision, and technical exchanges that support F/SMOH, civil society, faith-based, and local partner development.
- Supervise Technical Advisors
- Medical Doctor, Registered Nurse, or Midwife with a Master’s degree in public health, social sciences or related field, and 10+ years of successful experience as senior-level technical or program manager of health projects of equivalent size and complexity; USAID experience strongly preferred.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of health programs) in Nigeria; Including experience in the design and implementation of large-scale programs related to in the field of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health, nutrition, malaria (RMNCH+NM)
- Familiar with the primary health care context in Nigeria
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, manage complex programs and ensure that project staff adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance, and timeliness; Including experience leading technical staff and consultants within a consortium of international and local subcontractors to achieve measurable results within a technically complex and integrated health program.
- Demonstrated experience engaging technical representatives of the host country government, civil society organizations, and international development organizations and sharing knowledge, documenting best practices, present highly technical ideas at various forums.
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening leadership and management capacities of national and sub-national government health systems
- Demonstrated capacity to develop technical materials and strengthen local clinical and non-clinical capacities to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for quality RMNCH+NM servicesProven ability to build and maintain relationships and comport with high levels of diplomacy, expertise in working directly with host-country senior government officials and policy makers in health
- Proven ability in conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate and document, including the writing of quality reports and detailed analysis of strategic information. Fluency in a local language is a distinct advantage.
- Familiarity with the FMOH, SMOH, NPHCDA, or SPHCDA structures and functions
- Willingness to travel throughout Nigeria as necessary.