FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA , PhD/Fellowship
- Experience: 3 – 7 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Under the guidance of the Project Director, provide technical leadership, develop technical strategies and oversee the technical implementation of the Global Fund PR-HIV Project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership on all technical matters and ensure quality of the Global Fund PR-HIV Program.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for the design and implementation of the technical program areas of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support, pediatric care and treatment, PMTCT, CT, TB/HIV, OVC and support programs.
- Ensure that high quality technical programs are implemented in a timely manner and in coordination and collaboration with partners, the GON and other stakeholders.
- Oversee quality assurance program for all technical aspects of the Program.
- Ensure the technical training and staff development in the Global Fund PR-HIV Program in relevant areas.
- Ensure that appropriate technical strategies, policies and SOP’s are developed and implemented in accordance to Global Fund and Nigerian regulations.
- Assist with the management, development and monitoring of work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance for interventions.
- Provide technical assistance through the review and/or writing of protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- In collaboration with the Project Director, oversee the implementation of an indicator-based performance monitoring plan.
- Support the Project Director to ensure that all technical areas of the project are integrated and maximize the use of available resources of the project.
- Oversee reporting and monitoring of technical performance metrics.
- Ensure technical program quality according to set standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing HIV/AIDS care and support projects in developing countries.
- Sound knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support, as well as HIV prevention.
- Proven skills in management, supervision and leadership.
- Familiarity with the scientific literature on HIV/AIDS and with research on public health issues.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 3 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 3 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Or BS/BA in social science, public health or related field, with a minimum of 9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 3 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, Global Fund, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.