Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organizations, to ensure good evidence supports the delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programs and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. The organisation works to improve not only the health of the individual but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Technical Assistant (Short-term Consultancy)
Timelines for Activities: July-October 2023
Number of TA Days: Supply Chain Technical Assistant (Short-term Consultancy)- maximum 70-days.
- We require qualified supply chain personnel that will provide technical support to the Malaria Consortium’s Supply Chain Officer and the State Central Medical Store staff respectively, in Borno state, on the overall supply chain management of SMC drugs, data tools, visibility and Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) during the SMC planning and implementation period.
- The supply chain personnel shall be situated in the State Central Medical Store or the location where the SMC commodities are kept and shall work directly with the SMC Supply Chain Officer in ensuring good inventory management of all SMC commodities as well as making sure the right commodity get to the intended user at the right time in the right quantity and quality.
Specific Activities and Deliverables for the Personnel
Supply Chain Technical Assistant (Short term Consultancy):
- Support the Supply Chain Officer (SCO) in the management of SMC commodities (SP + AQ, data tools, visibility materials and PPEs) at the State Central Medical Stores (SCMS), LGA stores and health facilities.
- Provide technical support to the LMCU, CMS, and LGA field staff during the SMC round.
- Conduct routine spot checks and monthly stock count on SMC commodities at the CMS.
- Work with CMS personnel to ensure the inventory tools of the SMC commodities are constantly up to date; and report any discrepancies to the Supply Chain Officer.
- Participate in the LMD/end of cycle spot checks at the implementing health facilities.
- Support the Malaria Consortium’s SCO in the long-haul receipt of all SMC commodities.
- Assist in monitoring delivery of SMC commodities, 3PL activities and escalate any discrepancies in the quantity of commodities delivered and any quality issues.
- Update the inventory tools of the SMC commodities and report any discrepancies to the Supply Chain Officer.
- Supervise the Logistics Assistants during pick and pack of SPAQ, implementation tools, visibility materials and PPEs for each cycle of the 2023 SMC round.
- Ensure all the signed delivery notes/waybills of commodities delivered to the health facilities and the LGAs are returned, vetted, and archived.
- Support the implementation of Commodity Management Review Meetings and Commodity Management Audit – post SMC cycle and round respectively including meeting notes taking.
- Support in the timely coordination (sorting, counting, documenting, and reporting) of SP+AQ reverse logistics from health facilities and LGAs to the state CMS at the end of each cycle.
- Support the SCO in ensuring that personnel at the health facilities and LGA Logisticians make use of relevant tools for reverse logistics.
- Keep records of all batches of SPAQ distributed from CMS to the health facilities and updates the SMC Commodity tracker at the end of each SMC cycle.
- Work with CMS personnel during MDAs to sort out emergency orders after request verification by the SCO.
- Ensure damaged blisters are separated from useable ones and clearly labelled during reverse logistics. Contributes towards the timely collection of Pharmacovigilance reports generated at the health facilities during SMC cycle
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
Supply Chain Technical Assistant (Short term Consultancy):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Social Sciences, Project Management, or a similar field.
- Experience holding a similar role for any public health intervention while working with the LMCU is an added advantage.
- Certification in supply chain or health commodity management is an added advantage.
- 1-3 years proven experience in commodity or supply chain management of campaign-style public health interventions
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other staff.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Facilitation and coordination skills
- Excellent Microsoft skills
- Attentive to detail
- Highly organized
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- He/she must clearly display the ability to effectively prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines.
Timelines for Activities:
- July-October 2023
Number of TA Days:
- Supply Chain Technical Assistant (Short-term Consultancy)- maximum 70-days.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 3rd July, 2023 7:59 – am.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application window may be closed once a reasonable number of applications are received; therefore, early applications are highly encouraged.
- NB: Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above link.