The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Investment Manager, Business Development Unit, Private Sector and Trade Finance Department
- The Senior Investment Manager is responsible to establish and maintain (high-level) relationships with strategic partners and for origination, new project screening, appraising, conducting a due diligence and presenting new credit, guarantee and investment approvals for credit committee recommendation and Governing Board approval, all in accordance with the OPEC Fund’s policies and procedures and the departmental strategy and framework, in order to develop opportunities for future business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts business development missions to identify and qualify potential clients.
- Establishes and maintains (high-level) relationships with strategic partners; DFIs and Commercial Banks to generate business
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with existing clients in order to develop pipeline for current and future years.
- Stays abreast of country, sectoral, market and business developments/new projects.
- Assists the Director in preparing marketing plans to improve business development capabilities and identify new opportunities for the OPEC Fund to increase the level of business origination.
- Assists the Director in preparing quarterly and an annual pipeline on new transactions.
- Participates in the appraisal/due diligence of new projects under considerations.
- Reviews and assesses all project risks of new projects.
- Provides inputs to the institution’s internal reports and policy papers as required.
- Stakeholder management and engagement
- Represents the institution at external conferences, meetings, symposia, and other external events.
- Ensures proper communication with IT, Legal Department and Risk Management.
- Coordinates the work of the Investment Management function
- Mentors the more junior professionals (Investment Managers and Investment Analysts).
Departmental policy and plans:
- Participates in/leads departmental working groups as required.
- Participates in/leads organizational taskforces as required. Assists the Director in preparing the annual work plan and budget for the Business Development Unit.
- Provides recommendations and suggestions to the Director Business Development for any improvement of the work efficiency and productivity
- Carries out other tasks that are related to the job function, assigned by the Director Business Development.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Economics or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant professional experience, preferably 5 years of which should have been obtained within the Private Sector/Trade Finance division of a major International development finance institution and/or within a banking environment (including commercial or investment banking, fund management or a development bank).
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, French or Spanish is an added advantage.
- High initiative and ability to work independently, as well as with team members, in a collaborative environment.
- Strong sense of responsibility and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and analytical skills with a high level of integrity and drive for achieving results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management skills with an ability to monitor implementation of projects/programs.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines with the capability to work within specified time limits.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: