Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states). We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Safety Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- This job role is to implement processes and procedures that will ensure a safe working environment for all IBEDC stakeholders thereby improving workers’ productivity, and loss reduction and improving the company’s brand image at large in line with the business objective region-wide.
- Supervise the implementation of IBEDC’s health and safety policies, procedures, processes, and plans.
- Regional monitoring of compliance with health and safety policies, and guidelines.
- Manage Regional health and safety risk; evaluate, and recommend risk control and mitigation measures.
- Creatively promote a positive Health and Safety culture within the Region, Business Hubs, and Service Units.
- Coordinate all health and safety loss prevention programs, such as accident prevention plans, job hazard analysis workshops, training, inspection, and audit programs.
- Carry out minor accident and near-miss investigations to establish the Root Cause of occurrence, recommend remedial measures to avoid recurrence, and draw learning points to sensitize staff against such.
- Trending and data analysis of Business Hubs/Service Units for escalation where the need arises.
- Prepares periodic and ad-hoc health and safety reports in accordance with relevant stipulations/guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to standards and regulations by incorporating relevant occupational health safety and environmental legislations in IBEDC’s operation/activities region-wide.
- Organise promotional programs pertaining to Federal, State, and Local safety & environmental regulations.
- Ensure close out of all recommendations for non-conformances (Near miss & accident investigations, inspections, Audit, regulatory e. t. c) to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage the storage, reuse, recycle & disposal of residual and hazardous wastes.
- Implement process and product safety standards that will eliminate or reduce employees’ exposure to chemical, physical, and biological hazards.
- Carry out other sundry assignments that may be assigned by the head of the section or division.
- A First Degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or any related discipline.
- A Postgraduate Degree in any related discipline is an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies. (ISPON); (BCSP); (ISHM).
- At least 5 years’ experience in the HSE field within a relevant industry (Utilities, oil, and gas, telecommunications, etc.
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI).
- Adequate utilities industry knowledge and applicable HSE policies across the industry
- Understanding of applicable HSE policies, laws, and regulations
- Ability to recognize and assess safety hazards, and develop abatement/control measures
- adequate Risk management skills (risk identification and mitigation)
- Adequate knowledge of safety and health standards, regulations, and liability issues.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship Management skills
- Knowledge of HSE tools/ software systems.
- An analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Firm, fair, and decisive approach to issues.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online