Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – MEAL
Job Identification: 3000740
Job Category: Program Management
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, but not limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of M&E tools, conducting needs/market/post activity assessments, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanism as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports.
- The MEAL officer will be based in Sokoto with frequent trips to the project area and will report to the Program Manager but will also work closely with the CP MEAL Coordinator for technical support.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- With technical assistance from the CP MEAL Coordinator and the MEAL RTA, facilitate SMILER workshop at the project start
- Track the project performances vs. project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and assistance provided
- Conduct a household-level baseline study at the start of the project
- Regularly conduct on-site monitoring and post-distribution monitoring surveys
- Carryout market assessments for new and existing project sites
- Regularly collect and analyze market price data.
- Review, clean and analyze all project data, including but not limited to: beneficiary registration, baseline study, onsite monitoring, post-activity monitoring, price data, final evaluation.
- Ensure that the project mid-term evaluation and project’s Real Time Evaluation are conducted in a timely manner and as per donor’s regulations.
- Ensure the project final evaluation is timely conducted.
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools.
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project including for the registration of beneficiaries, the registration of traders/vendors, the monitoring of the project activities, the post-distribution household surveys, the post-distribution market surveys, the baseline study, and the mid-term and final evaluations.
- Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non- beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management.
- Ensure timely submission of the baseline study report, post-distribution monitoring reports, market monitoring reports, feedback and complaints management reports, and evaluation reports.
- Support the development and testing of electronic data entry questionnaires using Commcare, Red Rose collect, Kobo collect, (or other software as needed) during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical package.
- Train enumerators and daily workers on data collection tools and on the utilization of iPads and/or android devices.
- Supervise data collection exercises.
- In coordination with the ICT4D Specialist, maintain the project’s stock of IT equipment (including vendor phones, program phones, solar panels, Bluetooth printers, etc.).
- Collect and share lessons learned, best practices, success stories and innovations stemming from program implementation.
- Formulate and share clear recommendations for improved programming implementation.
- Compile yearly beneficiary data.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Emergency Coordinator, Other Emergency MEAL Officers, Program Managers, MEAL Coordinator, Emergency Program Officers, ICT4D Specialist, Operations Staff.
- External: Local partners, Red Rose team, enumerators, external consultants and other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor Degree in Information and Technology Management, Statistics or any other relevant equivalent degree is required.
- Master’s Degree is added advantage.
- At least 4 years full-time experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably with an international NGO.
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL.
- Demonstrated experience in database management
- Demonstrated appropriateness of quantitative statistical management programs including Microsoft Access, SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with GIS and GPS technology.
- High degree of competency and comfort with information and communication technology used for MEAL
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience working with Information and Communication Technologies (software and hardware).
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online