The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Administration Support Officer
Ref. No: IITA/P&C/NRS2023-026
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job type: Full time
- Assist in the aspect of daily scouting/desk review of donor websites to identify calls/funding opportunities.
- Assist in processing of administrative supporting documents (e.g. Support letter, Letter of Intent etc.) to be submitted with Proposals/CNs/Expression of Interest.
- Assist in facilitating completion of proposal summary form (as may be necessary).
- Ensure all project closure process and related activities are properly implemented.
- Proactively review agreements to monitor compliance to established systems and procedures related to project close-out requirements.
- Develop and manage a tracking system for monitoring and follow-up on administrative closure of projects.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Finance Directorate’s Assets Officer to facilitate the reconciliation of the project’s close-out inventory list.
- Follow-up with Project Managers and teams to ensure timely completion of project close-out checklist and ensure all relevant documents are submitted.
- Follow-up with donors to facilitate receipt of formal letter that acknowledges/certifies the satisfactory completion of projects.
- Circulate e-mail signifying the formal administrative closure of projects to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Work with other colleagues to ensure seamless flow of project closure related information and in achieving the unit’s set goals.
- Liaise with relevant units/teams to ensure projects are administratively closed properly.
- Actively support the Head of the Unit to ensure continuous improvement in project closeout processes.
- Assist and ensure that all close-out related documentations are promptly uploaded on ProMIS database;
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Head of the Unit.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc / HND in an Agricultural or Science related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in an agricultural and multi-cultural organization with familiarity with related concepts.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have proven experience in handling administrative functions which involves regular communication/correspondence with stakeholders (internal and external).
- Have excellent Communication in English language.
- Have proficient skills with MS Office Suite (including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook) and computer applications.
- Have good understanding of agricultural-related terminologies and concepts;
- Have excellent client services orientation and ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Have strong people/stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Have good problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Be able to multi-task and have ability to meet quality standards within deadlines;
- Flexibility to manage uncertainty and adjust to a changing work program
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
7th July 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online