Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Requisition ID: 2023200909
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Senior Technical Officer, COVID 19 Vaccination
- The Program Assistants will provide programmatic and operational support for the implementation of Meeting Targets and Achieving Epidemic Control (EpiC) Vaccine 1 & 2 program activities in designated state.
- S/he will support the supervision of all ad hoc staff and volunteers and also manage project resources in the assigned state.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide programmatic and administrative support to the teams in the implementation of activities to expand access to COVID-19 vaccination at facility and community levels
- Support the team in planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of facility and community-based target driven activities focused on demand creation for uptake of COVID-19 vaccine
- Ensure adequate and timely activity implementation through periodic work plan review, processing fund requests, monitoring of expenditure and initiating corrective actions to mitigate financial risk to the organization and adherence to donor and organizational policies and guidelines
- Maintain program monitoring checklists and budget tracking tools to effectively supervise deliverables and burn rate of project activities based on approved workplan
- Facilitate and monitor procurement and distribution of need-based consumables and commodities to enhance service delivery across supported vaccination sites at the facilities and communities
- Support advocacy and engagement with stakeholders and gatekeepers at the state and LGA levels on critical issues to get buy-in for smooth operationalization of COVID-19 vaccination programs Facilitate filing of accurate documentation and maintain a database of all adhoc staff and program implementation resources.
- Review, collate and submit routine (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly) progress reports from vaccination teams including capturing of success stories in line with organizational and donor guidelines
- Remain informed on current programs in COVID-19 fields by review of current literature and remain alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc./BA in Public Health, Business Administration, Medical Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent.
- Must have 1-3 years relevant experience with international development programs including COVID-19 program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for-profit organizations
- Knowledge of COVID -19, health systems, and related issues
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi-sectoral development project
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, community mobilization and advocacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work as a team member
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication
- Well-developed computer skills
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 10% time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: