SkillHat is a global training institute. We provide expert training & career development to position motivated professionals for dream careers. Our immersive, hands-on courses teach cutting-edge, high in demand, technical and strategic skills – which produce resilient careers. Some of our courses include Business Analysis, Scrum, User Experience design, Product Management and Project Management. We provide students with end-to-end career support from training, to career development and job support. Our live courses are streamed online, with students attending from around the globe virtually.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Design (UX/UI) Teaching Assistant
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- As a Product Design TA, you will play a pivotal role in providing guidance, feedback, and support to students enrolled in our comprehensive UX/UI Design program.
- Your expertise and mentorship will assist students in developing a strong foundation and practical skills necessary for a successful career in Product Design.
- Mark assignments and provide constructive feedback to students on their design projects, ensuring adherence to UX/UI principles and best practices.
- Mentor and support students through offline communication channels, offering guidance and clarifications related to course content and assignments.
- Facilitate students’ learning by sharing industry insights, real-world experiences, and practical tips on UX/UI design tools and methodologies.
- Assist students in the creation and development of their online design portfolios, providing guidance on showcasing their work effectively.
- Review and evaluate students’ progress, identifying areas for improvement, and offering tailored guidance to enhance their design skills.
- Encourage students to actively participate in online UX/UI communities, guiding them on how to engage and contribute effectively.
- Guide students in preparing for job applications, conducting mock interviews, and polishing their resumes and professional profiles for the job market.
- 2 – 4 years of practical experience in the field of UX/UI design, preferably in mentoring, support or teaching roles.
- Proficiency in UX/UI design tools such as Invision, Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, etc.
- Strong knowledge of UX research methods, information architecture, wire-framing, prototyping, visual design principles, and design systems.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills with the ability to provide clear and constructive feedback.
- Experience in portfolio development and job readiness strategies within the UX/UI design industry.
- Passionate about mentoring and shaping the next generation of UX/UI designers.
Why Join Us:
- Flexibility with a short-term contract opportunity (8 hours over 2 months).
- Opportunity to share your expertise and contribute to the growth and success of aspiring UX/UI designers.
- Competitive compensation for your mentoring services.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment dedicated to professional development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online