IPAS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, IPAS works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Support Consultant
Job Requisition ID: R835
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- The Procurement Support Consultant provides administrative, programmatic, and operational support to the Contracts, Grants, and Compliance (CGC) unit of IPAS.
- This position assists with various administrative tasks, including procurement support, event planning and logistics support, and contingency worker setup to enable team members to focus on departmental-level and organizational objectives.
- The Procurement Support Consultant proactively identifies improvements to processes and systems that support the effectiveness and efficiency of the CGC unit.
- Managing the Procurement outlook inbox and assign/forward emails to the responsible team members to address the issues stated in the email.
- Updating the Procurement Status Tracker with relevant information from the Procurement Outlook inbox and Buyer Workday inbox.
- Downloading requisition supporting documentation from the procurement Outlook and uploading them into the relevant folders in the Procurement Team Luna site and Workday and ensuring that the documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Following up on daily emails from AmberRoad to review new and existing partners and make decisions about them or escalate, as necessary. Provide ongoing review and resolve any issues with suppliers on “hold” in Workday.
- Supporting teams to complete the Change Order Request (COR) form and submitting change orders in Workday and requesting any supporting documentation, including completed COR form, draft agreement amendment, etc.
- Review procurement supporting documentation for completeness and accuracy and follow up with requesters via email as needed.
- Submitting supplier requests in Workday and requesting supporting documentation, including financial data sheet, W9 (US suppliers only), Consultant biodata, etc., from requesters/PMs.
- Support the monthly and ad hoc close of purchase orders (POs) and requisitions
- Initiating requisitions and change orders for goods and services required by the Contracts, Grants, and Compliance unit or the Finance cone.
- Support in reviewing and sourcing requisitions in Workday. Creating and issuing POs and ensuring that all relevant documentation is uploaded before the POs are approved and issued.
- Support in drafting and finalizing purchase orders, consultant, grant, and subaward agreements and amendments in line with Workday purchase order information and other supporting documentation.
- Providing back-office and coordination support to the Ipas Procurement team in preparing and executing physical/virtual training or collaboration sessions with country nodes, other nodes, and buyer TWG/CoP meetings.
- Coordinating with the BAM-IT department and requesting departments to follow up on contingent worker requests, ensuring that the process has been initiated in Workday.
- Attending weekly meetings of the Contracts, Grants, and Compliance unit (CGC), monthly finance meetings, and any other meetings as may be required for this role.
- Provide event planning and logistics support for virtual and in-person meetings organized by the Finance Cone or CGC unit.
- Any other duties that may be assigned during the period of engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management or related field
- 2-4 experience in a finance or procurement related role, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Verbal and written English language capabilities
- Detail and customer-oriented, time management and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate (orally and written) with diverse audience
- Knowledge and/or user experience of any ERP/financial and other business systems including MS Office Suite/apps, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Sharepoint
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Language skills in French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint and other Microsoft 365 applications
- Non-profit experience in the Global South, especially experience related to Finance, Procurement and/or Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Working knowledge of women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Availability to travel (up to 20%)
Deliverables / Milestones
The Procurement Support Consultant is expected to deliver the following deliverables/milestones per the due dates indicated in the table below – If needed, these deliverables may be adjusted with advance notice and prior approval of the Ipas Project Manager:
Deliverable/MILESTONE – Due Date:
- Detailed Activities Report – End of the month
- Monthly work plan – First week of the month
- Consultant’s invoice – End of the month
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: