We assist those in urgent need anywhere, anytime, no matter what the conditions, providing lifesaving health care and health care-related emergency services-often within hours. As conditions ease, we work with local leaders to rebuild stronger. In non-emergency settings, our focus is development. Through our training programs, we pass essential skills into local hands, preparing those in disaster-prone areas to better withstand adversity. Embedding these skills into the community lies at the heart of what we do: build self-reliance. It gives people hit by tragedy a sense of ownership over their own recovery and the ability to shape their own future as they rebuild. And wherever it occurs, it is an investment that benefits us all because it prepares local residents to be their own best First Responders should disaster strike.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 – 4 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit , Pharmaceutical
FIELD SITE: Maiduguri
- The primary function of the pharmacy Assistant is to assist the Medical Commodities team in distribution and tracking of medical commodities required by supported health facilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation:
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist on preparation of monthly pharmaceuticals and other medical commodities distribution plan and update as needed and make sure it is clearly communicated to concerned parties
- Assist on shipment documents and follow through to collect signatures and finalize record keeping
- Compile data and submit timely reports including but not limited to weekly and monthly reports
- Work in coordination with the Warehouse teams and logistics in all sites to facilitate accuracy of documentation and tracking of timely deliveries to health facilities
- Work with field medical officers and health facility directors in supported health facilities to get feedbacks, requests and delivery confirmations for all pharmaceuticals and other medical commodities as required
- Adhere to IMC code of conduct and internationally accepted humanitarian principles
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff
The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization, which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub- agreements. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
- Typically, a Bachelor’s degree in related area. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Typically, 1+ year of experience working with pharmaceuticals and other medical commodities
- Must have experience with ordering and tracking medical procurements
- Must have experience with warehousing and assembling medical and surgical kits
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office specially MS Excel and Word
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Must have the ability to work effectively with various personalities and cultures.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.