The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People and Culture Officer I (Organizational Development)
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Type: Contract
People & Culture 5-year strategy:
- Effectively support the accurate and timely bi-annual tracking of the 5-year P&C strategy year-on-year performance against goals and reporting same.
- Collaborate in the integration of the One CGIAR P&C global strategy.
- Provide administrative and organizational support for annual P&C Business Retreat.
- Present a draft report for review and submission.
- Draft and design unit organograms across the institute and follow-up on updates as may occur.
- Support the Organizational Development Manager in the effective delivery of the institute’s workforce and succession Planning.
- Assist in first level evaluation of succession planning program metrics and document results.
- Collaborate with Organizational Development Manager and internal stakeholders to design and implement Organizational Development programs including team building and learning and development programs.
- Provide proactive support in the smooth delivery of all team building programs and submit a draft report.
- Support through broad research topics and in the creation of specific programs and initiatives related to leadership development.
- Provide planning and logistics for efficient delivery of all programs.
- Contribute to the leadership and management development repository.
Organization design and workforce/succession planning:
- Partner with relevant P&C teams to perform data analysis to derive meaningful insights for action planning/decision making.
- Assist in the collation of data used for various P&C Planning & Development processes including high potential information, work force requirements, employee engagement data etc. as may occur for analysis and decision making.
- Analyze and document progress reports.
Training and Team Building:
- Potentially serve as coordinator and event planner for convenings and meetings.
- Be the point of contact for all internship requests and ensure proper filing.
- Support P&C learning sessions and the management learning series.
- Provide high quality administrative support for P&C staff training.
- Arrange ad-hoc meetings by checking attendee’s availability, booking venues, circulating agendas and relevant papers and where necessary, take minutes.
- Liaise with Communications Unit in the writing and compilation of stories for the Talking Drums.
Leadership and Management Development
Business Partner – West Africa Support Services:
- Assist the Organizational Development Manager, in prompt and efficient support services to the Western Africa Hub.
- Serve as rapporteur in meetings, share minutes of meetings and quarterly draft reports.
- Assist the Organizational Development Manager in initiating and implementing programs that will contribute to the growth, visibility and efficient people and process management of the Western Africa Hub.
- Join in unit-led corporate events and other unit programs and activities.
- Provide support to other People & Culture initiatives.
- Serve in task teams as may be assigned.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Social Science, Humanities or other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be experienced of planning and organizing leadership and management development programs.
- Be experienced in data analytics, interpretation, and reporting.
- Have brilliant organizational skills with ability to prioritize activities and co-ordinate inputs from internal and external partners.
- Have facilitation and presentation skills which encourage participation.
- Have good communication, interpersonal skills and confidence to operate at all levels within the organization.
- Be accurate and methodical with an excellent attention to detail.
- Have ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Be a quick leaner, honest, proactive and ability to prioritize.
- Have a positive-can-do attitude.
- Be adaptable and have ability to multi-task.
- Have ability to manage confidential information and navigate sensitive issues.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online