We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that hardworking people can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Administration / Secretarial , Graduate Jobs , Internships / Volunteering
TechnoServe Nigeria is looking to hire a National Youth Corp Member as a support to the Operations department during the service year of the Corp member. This role will support the Operations Coordinator in providing various operational support to projects being executed in the Country office. The operations support responsibilities lies within logistics, procurement, office management and other secretarial duties.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs clerical duties, including, but not limited to, mailing and filing correspondence, preparing payrolls, placing orders, and answering calls.
- Interacts with clients, visitors, and vendors in establishment of services rendered.
- Provides logistics support in accordance to project needs.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Arrange meeting rooms, draft and disseminate meeting agendas, prepare briefing notes and where necessary take meeting minutes, which may include preparing, and disseminating materials as instructed.
- Photocopies, scans, and files appropriate documents.
- Assists with organizing events when necessary
- Perform small-scale procurement, ensuring adequate stocks of all necessary supplies (e.g. stationery, water, etc.)
- Signs for delivered packages and distributes them to the appropriate recipient.
- Assume responsibility for document filing and develops office administrative procedures as required. Responds to general inquiries to the field office.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
- Minimum of B.sc in relevant Social science related field
- Volunteer or internship experience
Required Languages English Language
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic IT skill (Proficiency in Ms. Office) and internet literacy
- Smart communication skills
- Detailed and organized
- Must be proactive and determined to be a problem solver