The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
The Western Zone B is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager (WAFU B)
Contract Duration: Unlimited
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director, develop and implement communication and marketingprojects in line withthe strategic planof the Zonal Union
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, manage, support and implement a communication and marketing strategy;
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, manage anddevelop communication activities on the different professional platforms of the Zonal Union and the SR;
- Ensure coordination with other Departments of the Zonal Union to ensure good communication of the activities of the Zonal Union;
- Monitor and document in an organized manner all activities of the Zonal Union;
- Ensure the follow-up of the production of promotional materials, articles and publications to enhance the image ofthe Zonal Union;
- Manage the relationship between the marketing agency and UNIFFAC in close collaboration with the Executive Director;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Executive Director.
- Master of Business Administration or equivalent;
- Complementary studies in the field of sport and/or football (e.g. FIFA Masters, etc.);
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the field of marketing and sports communication, preferably in football.
Business know-how and IT skills:
- Experience in the administration and successful implementation of football projects/programmes;
- Proper use of MS products (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio),
- Work experience in a football-related environment (club, league, federation for example);
- Knowledge of the African football industry and environment.
Competencies and Characteristics:
- Autonomous and able to manage own workload;
- Good communicator;
- Able to quickly establish trust and a good working relationship with key people inside and outside the Zonal Union;
- Intercultural competences;
- Organized and methodical with strong project management capabilities
- Long-term planning and coordination skills;
- Applied in the work and determined to overcome obstacles to succeed
- Driven by a sense of service and able to understand the needs of the organization;
- Shows commitment to quality and results
- Resistant to stress;
- Competent in networking and relational matters, allowing regular contact with CAF management and staff;
- Feels comfortable operating in a dynamic environment
- Adapts to situations with a willingness to meet challenges and achieve results.
- English, French, others.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization;
- Attractive employment conditions;
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in French and/or English to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration.